AAC Tourney Predictions | The Boneyard

AAC Tourney Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Let's be clear: the only reason the American is listed on this list of "major" conferences is because we're in the league.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
"26.6: The percentage of men's basketball national titles won by UConn since 1999. I type it because I have to shake my skull into realizing how crazy that is. In a lot of ways, I still think UConn juuuust doesn't quite get enough due for how dominant and powerful the program has become compared to what it was 25 years ago."

Reaction Score
Let's be clear: the only reason the American is listed on this list of "major" conferences is because we're in the league.
I would add that probably not much research was done and we are the most recognizable name. I believe the prediction was made on the combination of UConn name and Hartford CT.

Think about it, we finished in the middle of the pack in the conference and are predicted to win it all. Kinda smack in the face to the other conference teams and of course the conference as a whole.

What other major conference (e.g. P5) would such a prediction be made?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I would add that probably not much research was done and we are the most recognizable name. I believe the prediction was made on the combination of UConn name and Hartford CT.

Think about it, we finished in the middle of the pack in the conference and are predicted to win it all. Kinda smack in the face to the other conference teams and of course the conference as a whole.

What other major conference (e.g. P5) would such a prediction be made?

I'm not referring to the prediction of us winning. Talking heads are, more often than not, very wrong. So I don't put any stock into that.

I was just surprised to see our conference listed under "major" conferences when the Mountain West, A10 and others I tend to group us with are not listed. (Big East, another in that group is listed, however.) Then I realized why this conference is considered major: we are in it. Because a conference of Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Tulane, ECU, etc is decidedly not "major." It is Conference USA.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Well since no other "major" conference is hosting their tournament on their home court I'd say none. (not counting sju)

Reaction Score
On the bright side UConn is 4-0 at home against teams on our side of the AAC bracket. We beat Cinci, Tulsa, USF at the XL Center. (Tulane at Gampel). Would have been nice to have the first day off but not at the expense of playing what may be the harder bracket for us match up wise. I think we have a strong chance to make it to Sunday.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
SMU wins it (27-6)
Tulsa knocks off Tulane and Cincy (23-10)
Cincy beats UConn (23-10)
Temple beats Memphis [if we don't have Nichols] (23-10)

SMU, Cincy, Temple, Tulsa make the NCAAs...UConn, and Memphis to the NIT

Just my guess.

Reaction Score
SMU wins it (27-6)

Just my guess.
I'd be really surprised to see Tulsa get in without winning it all. They almost needed the 4 seed for that to happen, so they could get two Top 50 wins. Instead, they'll get a sub-200 team in the first round, and then play Cincy. IF they win that, they'll have to play SMU or Temple...which I think are the two best teams in the league. They lose that, they're out. If they're anything like SMU last year, they'll lose their first game, too.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Tulsa has a worse profile than uconn.

Reaction Score
We are the best 6th man this team has right now.

I think we are going to get to Saturday-then anything can happen.

Just pack the place.

Miracle at the Mall !!!!!

Reaction Score
I'd be really surprised to see Tulsa get in without winning it all. They almost needed the 4 seed for that to happen, so they could get two Top 50 wins. Instead, they'll get a sub-200 team in the first round, and then play Cincy. IF they win that, they'll have to play SMU or Temple...which I think are the two best teams in the league. They lose that, they're out. If they're anything like SMU last year, they'll lose their first game, too.

>_>

MattMang23

Reaction Score
SMU wins it (27-6)

Just my guess.

Really going on a limb there with those chalk picks ;)

MattMang23

Reaction Score
As for me, I'll go with

UCONN over SMU in the final.

SMU advances with wins over Temple and whatever schmuck gets fed to them first.

The homer in me has UCONN over USF, Cincy, Tulsa. But I think whoever wins UCONN/Cincy wins Saturday vs Tulsa and very likely wins the whole tournament, too.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
UCONN/Cincy wins Saturday vs Tulsa and very likely wins the whole tournament, too.

Exactly.... Seeing how the seeds finally fell, my initial reaction was focused on the Cincy game. That will be our "litmus" test... Cincy is all about defense, we'll need to shoot well to win. If were able to get past the Bearcats, I don't believe we need to play our best game to get by Tulsa. Finally, I fully expect to see SMU if we get that far. Just like Cincy, SMU will not be a pushover, but if we hit on all cylinders (ie we need Purvis to show up) we can win and be tourney bound.

Ya we need 4 straight wins (something we haven't done) but in reality we only need to play 2 of those games very well.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Surprised to see the word "major" and "AAC" in the same article. Most news outlets dont seem to spend much time covering the AAC or even make predictions for it, props to USAToday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom