AAC Tourney Bye for 1st Place | The Boneyard

AAC Tourney Bye for 1st Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not that this really matters, but there is a bye for first place.

I could argue that it's a benefit to play the first game against a drub team in Orlando as a tune-up for the quarterfinals.

Regardless, what I really wanted to point out is that the schedules are unbalanced.

UConn plays all the so-called top teams in the AAC twice.

Memphis, meanwhile, avoids playing Houston and Tulsa twice. Instead, they play two of the drubs twice instead.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If SMU comes in first in the regular season, do they consume the bye, even though they are not tournament eligible?

JK.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If SMU comes in first in the regular season, do they consume the bye, even though they are not tournament eligible?

lol what? Think about your questions before you ask! The top seed goes to the eligible team with the best record.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The American website lists only 10 seeds for the tournament but there are 11 teams in the bball league - http://theamerican.org/sports/2015/9/28/CHAMP_0928150250.aspx

I assume this means they have either already considered the fact that SMU is ineligible, or the 11th place team was going to be left out of the tourney. Either way I think top 4 teams only get 1 bye, and then will play in the quarterfinals.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
lol what? Think about your questions before you ask! The top seed goes to the eligible team with the best record.
Sorry, I thought the joke was evident. Fixed it. Added JK.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there are 4 byes. The posters on the AAC site csnbbs were discussing the 1st bye having to face 2 of the worst teams, a virtual red carpet into the semis (USF, SMU, Tulane).

Reaction Score
Not that this really matters, but there is a bye for first place.

I could argue that it's a benefit to play the first game against a drub team in Orlando as a tune-up for the quarterfinals.

Regardless, what I really wanted to point out is that the schedules are unbalanced.

UConn plays all the so-called top teams in the AAC twice.

Memphis, meanwhile, avoids playing Houston and Tulsa twice. Instead, they play two of the drubs twice instead.
The top 6 seeds get a bye

Reaction Score
It is going to come down to Uconn, Tulsa, Temple and Cincy for that No. 1 seed. Temple in good shape right now beating SMU today, and already sweeping Cincy, and beating Uconn at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom