Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cincy/ UConn Friday 2pm on the deuce.

12791002_10153908214304831_6266229341639835382_n.jpg

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
More like 2:30, with the break between games.

Reaction Score
If UConn wants to dance, the have to beat Cincinnati and beat or at least not get blown-out by Temple. I prefer that UConn win the entire thing and that takes the guesswork away from the powers that be. This team has the talent to do so; but, is the will to do so there?

Reaction Score
Great, Cincy and Temple. Two teams we haven't beat and seem to be under our skin. Not optimistic, but we definitely earned this.

Reaction Score
Well, they say it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one year. And considering we should have won at least 3 out of 4 against Cincy and Temple... We are gonna find out a TON about this coaching staff and team this tournament.

Reaction Score
Great, Cincy and Temple. Two teams we haven't beat and seem to be under our skin. Not optimistic, but we definitely earned this.

Honestly? I'm more optimistic by the fact that we're already 0-4 against them and should've been 3-1. If either team beats us we don't deserve the tournament.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In reality the opportunity to undo a few earlier mistakes (two blown leads against Temple, one against Cincy) and the opportunity to put one in the W column against the two teams that swept us could well be the best situation we could have. We can destroy some demons next weekend.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They have some work to do still and I hope the team gets its act together this week and head into the NCAA tourney on a winning streak. The talent is there, I just hope the heart is

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the top half of the bracket is so much stronger than the bottom half, funny how things worked out

as the luck of the AAC continues, all three of Lunardi's teams presently in the tournament are on the same side and will eliminate each other

too damn funny, if it wasn't so sad

Reaction Score
the top half of the bracket is so much stronger than the bottom half, funny how things worked out

as the luck of the AAC continues, all three of Lunardi's teams presently in the tournament are on the same side and will eliminate each other

too damn funny, if it wasn't so sad
Well Houston is on fire. I'd actually rather avoid playing them over any other team.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure if we win the AAC Tourney the NCAA will inact their little known one time ever automatic bid veto card anyways.

In lieu of a punishment for the violations at UNC, we have instead decided to invalidate the AAC Tournament winner from participating in the Big Dance. Film at 11.

Reaction Score
I'd prefer to avoid Cinci & Temple, physical teams are our worst matchups
But in the 160 minutes of combined gametime we played against them I feel like we probably led for 130 minutes. It feels more mental than physical at this point.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
We got the worst possible draw.

Houston is loving life right now with that cakewalk to the finals.

Reaction Score
We got the worst possible draw.

Houston is loving life right now with that cakewalk to the finals.

If we were on the cakewalk side, we'd have to win 2 games that we'd get no credit for before playing a game that would have a chance of putting us in.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
If we were on the cakewalk side, we'd have to win 2 games that we'd get no credit for before playing a game that would have a chance of putting us in.
I'll take the easy path to the finals every time.

Reaction Score
I'll take the easy path to the finals every time.

Obviously I was taking the "winning the Cincy game gets us in" position.

So if beating Cincy gets you in, why would you want to play two meaningless games before you play them?

I guess you could be of the opinion that the Cincy game isn't enough, but it still doesn't do us any good to play crap teams in the meantime.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
ESPN's Medcalf has UConn winning the AAC tournament.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-week-provide-answers-season-filled-questions

"
The American Athletic Conference tournament

Why you should care: Because college basketball's "Survivor" will offer drama, if nothing else

In 2014, Kevin Ollie led Shabazz Napier and the Connecticut Huskies to the national title. Four teams from the upstart American Athletic Conference cracked that year's field, a significant achievement for a league salvaged from the fires of realignment. This season has not featured the same highs for the conference. Its best team, SMU, is banned from the NCAA tournament. And the league entered the weekend without any eligible top-50 squads in the RPI. So Tulsa, Cincinnati, Connecticut and Temple will all make their final claims for a berth (or Houston will shock everyone and win the whole thing) in the AAC tournament. Nothing is settled in the AAC. Every matchup will feel like an elimination game.

Who will win? Connecticut
"

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Houston. They have easier path then we do to the AAC final game and they are playing the best basketball in the conference. If they get an automatic bid does that make it harder for UConn or Cincinnati to get in?

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Houston. They have easier path then we do to the AAC final game and they are playing the best basketball in the conference. If they get an automatic bid does that make it harder for UConn or Cincinnati to get in?
Fortunately, if we end up facing UH we're in the Dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom