AAC Tournament: Thursday (ECU vs Temple, Tulsa vs Tulane) | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament: Thursday (ECU vs Temple, Tulsa vs Tulane)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Anyone watching this right now on ESPNU? There might be a total of 500 people at the XL Center. ECU leads Temple 19-15 with about 9 minutes left in the first half. Washington for ECU got hurt underneath the basket and its allowed Temple a ton of second chance opportunities

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has ECU improved? Or does Temple stink? Seems that ECU and Tulane have improved the past couple of games.

Drew

Reaction Score
Has ECU improved? Or does Temple stink? Seems that ECU and Tulane have improved the past couple of games.
Tulane is still playing hard despite having 6 wins on the year. I think they will beat Tulsa tonight.

ECU seems to be playing better lately. Up 7 at halftime over Temple and really they should be up by more. They'll get run off the floor by SMU tomorrow but its good to see these teams still playing hard.

Drew

Reaction Score
Washington is back in the game for ECU and he's a really nice player. He's going to be fun to watch for them going forward. Athletic, tall, and fights hard on the glass. Needs add weight though, announcer just said he's 6'11 225

Drew

Reaction Score
This kid Kentrell Barkley for ECU is going to be really really good. 6'5 combo guard, 22 points 13 rebounds and he's only a sophomore. Really impressive player.

@whaler11 are you at this game?

Reaction Score
On my way to Hartford now. About how many people are there for Tulsa-Tulane?

Drew

Reaction Score
@champs99and04 I'll say 5k are in the XL Center by the midway point of the second half of Tulsa vs Tulane. And if I were a betting man I'd take Tulane +5.5

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Halftime of the second game - maybe 2,500 if you squint.

Reaction Score
I was guessing 500 too. Incredibly embarrassing. Hartford is a total joke.

Rotate it every year between NOLA & Memphis. People might me tempted to make a weekend of it.

Anyone watching this right now on ESPNU? There might be a total of 500 people at the XL Center. ECU leads Temple 19-15 with about 9 minutes left in the first half. Washington for ECU got hurt underneath the basket and its allowed Temple a ton of second chance opportunities

Drew

Reaction Score
If anyone wants to tune in- Ollie is getting interviewed on the other side of this timeout

Drew

Reaction Score
I was guessing 500 too. Incredibly embarrassing. Hartford is a total joke.

Rotate it every year between NOLA & Memphis. People might me tempted to make a weekend of it.
I think Dallas should get a shot at it too, but host it at SMU's gym. Those fans pack their gym and it fits what is probably a good amount for the "other" (non-host) games too

Reaction Score
Yes, Dallas is a great city. American Airlines
Center is the nicest arena I've been to anywhere. Next to West End. Great spot.

They could at least draw 3-4K to games.

I think Dallas should get a shot at it too, but host it at SMU's gym. Those fans pack their gym and it fits what is probably a good amount for the "other" (non-host) games too

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
ECU looks like a completely different team - Barkley is a really good player
Temple - this is Fred's most unintelligent team ever - do just plain stupid things

Drew

Reaction Score

Also its pretty cool to see that Tulsa sent their band and cheerleaders to the game. I saw Temple sent their band- did ECU/Tulane have them too? Curious to see if any other schools do.

Drew

Reaction Score
ECU looks like a completely different team - Barkley is a really good player
Temple - this is Fred's most unintelligent team ever - do just plain stupid things

Couldn't believe how much better they looked than in the beginning of the year. That can't be good news for Lebo going forward. Barkely is going to be an All-Conference player next year if he keeps up this level of play. 26 points and 16 rebounds as a guard?!

Reaction Score
To be fair, Tulane - Tulsa isn't exactly a hot draw anywhere, let alone in the Northeast. Nevertheless, people are going to show up at this tourney for UConn alone as long as they last. Even SMU-Cincy would probably only get a half-full arena at best.

Ugh. This is the time of year when those MSG memories hit you in the gut.

Drew

Reaction Score
That Dunleavy technical foul is absolutely going to cost Tulane this game. Was a 4 point swing and Tulane is down 4 with 1:10. Just a moronic decision by a coach that has been around way too long to pick up a T like that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom