AAC Tournament: (SMU vs. UConn) | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament: (SMU vs. UConn)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wish this one was in Hartford again

No you don't.

You think last year was embarrassing for AAC turnout? This year would eclipse that horror by far. It's not like Orlando is going to do any better but at least it ain't on us. I feel like we are done hosting. At least until we are a juggernaut again. There is no upside for this tourney in Hartford at all at this point.

Reaction Score
I think the Aresco and the American should condense the conference schedule, end the season two weeks early, and host the tournament at MSG. Lets get in before the big boys.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
^^^I hope you’re joking. I think the B1G realized how dumb it was to push up their tourney just to get into MSG. Most people probably don’t even know their tourney even happened. They were playing their final while the Patriot League was playing their semis and any other major conference was playing their final regular season game. For a team like Nebraska or OSU who will have not played a game for 2 weeks and will be gonna face a hungry mid major 12-14 seed they’re gonna get stomped.

Reaction Score
I think the Aresco and the American should condense the conference schedule, end the season two weeks early, and host the tournament at MSG. Lets get in before the big boys.

I always thought the Izod Center would sell pretty well. But we would need to compete with too many conferences tournaments :/

Reaction Score
We won last time it was in Orlando. Hopefully Jalen can harness that magic again.

Not in love with a first round match up with SMU.

Edit: just saw they lost to USF last time out. Wow.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
^^^I hope you’re joking. I think the B1G realized how dumb it was to push up their tourney just to get into MSG. Most people probably don’t even know their tourney even happened. They were playing their final while the Patriot League was playing their semis and any other major conference was playing their final regular season game. For a team like Nebraska or OSU who will have not played a game for 2 weeks and will be gonna face a hungry mid major 12-14 seed they’re gonna get stomped.

I gotta admit I’m in that camp. I’m busier and less engaged than normal this year, in addition to our horror show... but Michigan is one of the other majors I’d root for outside of UConn and I was confused all weekend.

Reaction Score

Is Nebraska that excited about playing in the NIT?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be worried about playing SMU in the first round. We are the worst team in the American right now, lost to USF yesterday and literally only have 3 guys that can practice (one of those is a transfer that can't play until next season). You guys will be fine. Please just end our season and put us out of misery.

Reaction Score
Cronin is the king of having a chip on his shoulder. I am guessing he will be working the poor seeding thing, lesser conference thing etc to fire those guys up, but hey you never know...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be worried about playing SMU in the first round. We are the worst team in the American right now, lost to USF yesterday and literally only have 3 guys that can practice (one of those is a transfer that can't play until next season). You guys will be fine. Please just end our season and put us out of misery.

Like the username pal.

Reaction Score
Thanks for dropping by Doak. Appreciate your post!

August_West

Reaction Score

Nice reverse mojo try.

If you are looking to be put out of your misery, you are asking the wrong team. We can lose with the best of 'em!

August_West

Reaction Score
Two teams trying hard to get their season over with ,the winner might be the the loser.

If we can get through SMU we are going to the Finals against WSU.
Tough task with SMU first though.

Reaction Score
AAC Tournament 2018: Bracket, TV schedule, how to watch live

I think we are on the right side of the bracket. There is a chance if we survive SMU...Cincy could pull a Rhode Island after winning the conference title. I would prefer them to WSU right now. They may still be doing the victory lap.

Let's focus on beating SMU. The one constant with this team this year is not to look ahead and hope they come out motivated

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not looking past SMU
They may be undermanned but UConn has had issues winning when they are supposed to win going back to the days of the old BE tournament (before jumping all over me, I know there have been wonderful success, but there were many a days when I went down and UConn was out of the tournament before I could even check-in/unpack at the hotel on the 1st day of their play - and I went to every tournament but one due to surgery).

Reaction Score
I prefer being positive so here's some good numbers/observations from Sunday going into this game:

• Another spectacular performance by Jalen (22 pts, 6 assists) and his ability to create for himself is really fun to watch (really hope we get to watch him 1 more year)

• Larrier had another great shooting night (6-12 FG-FGA, 4-8 3P-3PA). When he doesn't put the ball on the ground and shoots without hesitation he doesn't miss often. Since we're staying positive I will not discuss that after 31 games he still thinks he can put the ball on the ground, but he did grab 7 rebounds and he really used his length well to get those 7 rebounds. That's back to back games (Temple & Houston) of 7 rebounds so that's a positive sign.
  • Adams & Larrier did most of the heavy lifting scoring wise but Vital had a couple good baskets off of steals and tough finishes around the rim. This was one of the few games this year where I would say all 3 of Adams, Larrier, and Vital showed up.
  • I wish I had some positives to report on defense. The Adams block was incredible, otherwise it was another bad effort on D by players and bad strategy by coaches.
To beat SMU it won't require this kind of performance to win, but to beat Cincy the game thereafter will require this effort, plus Larrier not dribbling at all (he should be not allowed to put the ball on the floor), DO not touching the court, and a better effort on defense (prior to this season Kevin Ollie coached teams worst KenPom adjusted D was 63, including last year. This year they are 168).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom