AAC: The conference filled with teams with no history | The Boneyard

AAC: The conference filled with teams with no history

Reaction Score
At first I was not sure what to think and was somewhat indifferent to the news that Uconn was going to the BE. The more I read the more I liked the move.

However, I just realized that in the past 60 years, all the teams that currently make up the AAC have a combined 2 championships in bball, both from Cincy. Uconn, in 1/3rd the time no less, has double that amount.

When you look at it from that perspective, you really realize just what a bad place the AAC was for Uconn, historically speaking.

I mean, really, Temple, Cincy, UCF, USF, Witchia St, ECU, Houston, Tulane, SMU and Tulsa have a combined 2 bball championships in 60 years vs Uconns 4 in 20 years. Fball brings it a little closer I guess but still, Uconn is back where they should be with other historically significant teams that have histories of succeeding in March, all bball first schools and what Uconn is saying with this move is, "you know what, we are Bball first too." I look forward to seeing Gtown, Nova, etc. again.

Reaction Score
At first I was not sure what to think and was somewhat indifferent to the news that Uconn was going to the BE. The more I read the more I liked the move.

However, I just realized that in the past 60 years, all the teams that currently make up the AAC have a combined 2 championships in bball, both from Cincy. Uconn, in 1/3rd the time no less, has double that amount.

When you look at it from that perspective, you really realize just what a bad place the AAC was for Uconn, historically speaking.

I mean, really, Temple, Cincy, UCF, USF, Witchia St, ECU, Houston, Tulane, SMU and Tulsa have a combined 2 bball championships in 60 years vs Uconns 4 in 20 years. Fball brings it a little closer I guess but still, Uconn is back where they should be with other historically significant teams that have histories of succeeding in March, all bball first schools and what Uconn is saying with this move is, "you know what, we are Bball first too." I look forward to seeing Gtown, Nova, etc. again.

Welcome aboard, my man

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom