AAC slaughters tonight | The Boneyard

AAC slaughters tonight

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Cincy anhilates Memphis and SMU makes USF look like Coventry High

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Two teams (ECU & USF) in conference play did not even crack 40 points today. Wow.

As strange as it may sound, Gregory has done a solid job at USF. When he arrived, the roster was full of ghosts. Recruiting those graduate transfers and then peppering his classes with transfers and freshmen will yield gains later. I've been pleasantly surprised with his ability to land a decent freshman class which will be supplemented next year with the 2018 recruits, like Michael Durr. If he doesn't succeed at USF then next coach will have a solid foundation.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean I just can't possibly get on the rest of the conference for not doing their job. SMU survived the coaching turnover and probation. Cincinnati has maintained and arguably have been a bit better. Wichita is here now and Houston is starting to gain traction... everyone's getting better and us and Memphis are just chasing our own tails. Had we been able to even maintain 2/3's of our success and same with Memphis, this conference would be on a roll...

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean I just can't possibly get on the rest of the conference for not doing their job. SMU survived the coaching turnover and probation. Cincinnati has maintained and arguably have been a bit better. Wichita is here now and Houston is starting to gain traction... everyone's getting better and us and Memphis are just chasing our own tails. Had we been able to even maintain 2/3's of our success and same with Memphis, this conference would be on a roll...
I’ve been saying that for a while. We can complain about the league all we want but reality is that UConn’s failures under Ollie have been a significant contributor to it not being considered better . When your flagship loses to the likes of Wagner and doesn’t even compete with marginal SEC teams that we traditionally feasted on, that is a problem. Memphis deserves some blame as well. But we should have been the lead dog

Reaction Score
I still blame the Wagner loss on whomever had responsibility for that Nov 2016 scheduling.

You look at Wagner and HC Bashir Mason in March 2016 ... and you think: let’s play LIU Brooklyn. Guards. Seniors. Shooters. And we have a transitional team. Ollie is about where Calhoun was in year 6 at Northeastern. He’s shown his vulnerabilities and his lack of preparation for this college ball. Throw in family unrest. You can call for his ouster ... if you equate him with Perno you’ve seriously missed a few cocktails and components in this composition.

Reaction Score
I still blame the Wagner loss on whomever had responsibility for that Nov 2016 scheduling.

You look at Wagner and HC Bashir Mason in March 2016 ... and you think: let’s play LIU Brooklyn. Guards. Seniors. Shooters. And we have a transitional team. Ollie is about where Calhoun was in year 6 at Northeastern. He’s shown his vulnerabilities and his lack of preparation for this college ball. Throw in family unrest. You can call for his ouster ... if you equate him with Perno you’ve seriously missed a few cocktails and components in this composition.

Holy ff***. If you think the AD needs to protect KO from the likes of Wagner in the scheduling, it's over.

Reaction Score
Holy ff***. If you think the AD needs to protect KO from the likes of Wagner in the scheduling, it's over.

Unfortunately ... you miss the point. And you don’t know the reality of scheduling.

Reaction Score
And those same darned schedulers cost us the Northeastern game. And imagine putting powers like Columbia and Coppin State on the schedule? Pudge, tell the truth. Are you Ollie’s mom or his dad?

Reaction Score
Let’s be clear

Wagner’s best player was injured with 11 minutes left. That’s right: we lost when they were down a significant piece. (Of course first Gilbert and then Larrier were down by our Game 5). Then Wagner lost to UMass Lowell. That kid never played again last year.

Whether it’s Ollie or Calhoun, an Athletic Department does spend significant time looking at the upcoming early schedule based on the year end play of prospective opponents and who’s coming back.

Yeah. CT is a State with tremendous financial challenges and UConn is a Program without huge Boosters. That tells me that paying buyouts is not easily decided. Keep yelling and posting though.

Reaction Score
I love when...certain posters...overuse elipses to try and convey importance...and intelligence...but the body of their post...often...as in this case...indicates...an absence of...

both.
Looking forward to evidence of your "intellect" during our next debate...it's "important" you don't hide your light under a bushel...

Reaction Score
Looking forward to evidence of your "intellect" during our next debate...it's "important" you don't hide your light under a bushel...

Smirks

It’s take shots: as grumpy guys from bygone tiffs reappear. No. I’m not an Ollie. But I do understand the fine line between dumping on the HC/Players and the overall Program; then targeting the parsed positions in a tough season. We had it easy for over 25 years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love when...certain posters...overuse elipses to try and convey importance...and intelligence...but the body of their post...often...as in this case...indicates...an absence of...

both.
True, almost as bad as the ones that end their points with One. Word. Sentences.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Memphis is horrible. I don't take much from whooping them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom