AAC Refs | The Boneyard

AAC Refs

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How do you miss that travel on Gilbert at the end?

Was it really tho? I only got one good look at it. Look like he just got possession then landed on one foot. Then took two full steps. Then dribbled the ball.

Would like a gif for curiousity's sake.

Reaction Score
Was it really tho? I only got one good look. Look like he just got possession then landed on one foot. Then took two full steps. Then dribbled the ball.

It was a stroll in the park broski. We could have easily lost IF the refs didn't blow the call. .6 is plenty of time for a dagger or the most likely foul the 3pt shooter.

BUT we won. That is ALL that matters. A must needed win.

Reaction Score
Was it really tho? I only got one good look at it. Look like he just got possession then landed on one foot. Then took two full steps. Then dribbled the ball.

It totally was, I don’t even think he really got fouled there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The referees sucked. But it’s not the AAC’s fault.

Brian O’Connell was assigned in the R32 last year and S16 the year before.

Lee Cassell has done S16 games the last two seasons.

Eliminate replay now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the refs just made a no call. A foul could have been called as well, but just let the game end.

Besides, I think this is a case where the bad calls basically evened out.

Still, this is a team that needs to learn how to win. This was gifted to them by SFU.

I've said it before, but I remember Calhoun said two of the hardest things for a team are 1) Learn how to win games and 2) Learn to develop a killer instinct and be willing to step on the throat of the other team.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There was a lot more calls to complain/remark about during the game than a supposed travel with .06 left
They did a rather poor job officiating but what's new?
At least Teddy Valentine wasn't in the building today

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Still, this is a team that needs to learn how to win. This was gifted to them by SFU.

I've said it before, but I remember Calhoun said two of the hardest things for a team are 1) Learn how to win games and 2) Learn to develop a killer instinct and be willing to step on the throat of the other team.

I feel like UCONN did more to gift the game to USF than vice versa.

Reaction Score
There was a lot more calls to complain/remark about during the game than a supposed travel with .06 left
They did a rather poor job officiating but what's new?
At least Teddy Valentine wasn't in the building today
Ted Valentine is one of the best

Reaction Score

What you're describing is a travel. You can't get the ball, come to a stop, then take two steps, then start dribbling.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What you're describing is a travel. You can't get the ball, then take two steps, then start dribbling.

Good point. Now, if the clock ran out before he touched the ball again (he kind of bounced that dribble), it wouldn't be a travel, no? Kind of counts as a pass in that scenario (until he touches again). When did it run out? If it didn't, how much time was on it?

It probably was a travel, but I'd like to see the replay with the clock out of curiosity.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Thanks.

He touches the ball after the 'dribble' right when the clock reads .1. So it's a travel based on that alone.

But he shuffles his feet when he initially secures it anyway. So those two big steps were probably steps 3 and 4.

So yeah, a travel.

pj

Reaction Score
He was fouled, thought the obvious foul would be called so he collected the ball and started celebrating, then realized there wasn't a whistle and dropped the ball and tried to pretend he'd been dribbling.

If the refs let the foul go they ought to let the travel go too. I don't have a problem with the no-call. The one thing a ref should never do is swing the outcome of the game with his whistle, and these refs didn't.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom