AAC Problems again | The Boneyard

AAC Problems again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Currently the conference has no signature wins. Only UCONN vs Maryland and Cincy vs Iowa State and vs Xavier is all we have left to gain respect. Currently Tulsa victory over Wichita State has become of no value with Wichita's losses pilling up. We have a bunch of bad conference losses pilling up. With no SMU heading to the big dance, it looks like we could be looking at maybe two teams and low seeds heading to the post season.

Monmouth has a better group of victories then every team in our conference right now. :(

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Currently the conference has no signature wins. Only UCONN vs Maryland and Cincy vs Iowa State and vs Xavier is all we have left to gain respect. Currently Tulsa victory over Wichita State has become of no value with Wichita's losses pilling up. We have a bunch of bad conference losses pilling up. With no SMU heading to the big dance, it looks like we could be looking at maybe two teams and low seeds heading to the post season.
UConn maryland, OSU, Gtown, Texas, cinci x 2, smu x 2, tulsa 1(?)... we have several chances to get signature wins... also I see UConn, Cinci, Tulsa, and possibly one more making the dance

Reaction Score
UConn maryland, OSU, Gtown, Texas, cinci x 2, smu x 2, tulsa 1(?)... we have several chances to get signature wins... also I see UConn, Cinci, Tulsa, and possibly one more making the dance
Yes UCONN will make the dance and so should Cincy. Wins in our conference was not the issue or concern here. And OSU, Texas are if anything bubble teams right now. A schools name doesnt make it a signature win.

Reaction Score

Tulsa looks very bad.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We knew this last year. AAC teams love to schedule cupcakes in December and it kills us in March. Temple schedules alright - and so did USF this year, but both teams suck.
OSU and Texas are looking like they will belong in the bottom halves of their conferences. GTown is a mystery. If we need a win this year its against Maryland. If we can beat the #3 Terps, it creates some justification for a protected seed if we finish with less than 5 losses.

Reaction Score

Monmouth has a better group of victories then every team in our conference right now. :(
The " our conference sucks posts" are getting pretty redundant at this point. We all know- we all get it.

Reaction Score
The " our conference sucks posts" are getting pretty redundant at this point. We all know- we all get it.

It does matter though. On a year-to-year basis, like it or not, OOC performance of the conference as a whole affects our ability to gain high seeds.

Reaction Score
I am sure you would not say that its a redundant topic if we were saying all the good things about our conference? lol I have faith in my 2015-16 Huskies but want some great wins out of conference which we have not had in a while. .

Reaction Score
If this team can win the Conference Championship it would eliminate these OOC schedule discussions.

That is always the goal and we have not yet achieved it.

Reaction Score
If this team can win the Conference Championship it would eliminate these OOC schedule discussions.

That is always the goal and we have not yet achieved it.

Would it? SMU won the conference last year and got a 6th seed.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Winning the Conference Championship is not enough, we need to get some of these big OOC games. SMU completely failed to do that last year losing 3/4 of the big name OOC matchups. Even so, they were definitely under seeded and should have been a ~4.

Reaction Score
This is why tomorrow night is so big, and the game against Georgetown. Texas/Ohio State don't look like great teams right now, although maybe Texas can change that. SMU didn't beat anyone of significance outside of the league last year. They lost to Indiana and Gonzaga, and beat Michigan, which didn't turn out to be a big deal. Also, SMU lost twice to Cincinnati last year, who was the only other tournament team from our league. So they didn't really have a lot of quality wins as a whole.

If UCONN wants to get a protected seed, they need wins outside of the league, and they need to beat the big boys in conference.

Reaction Score
Georgetown is a good team and I expect they will be ranked. Again, why are we so much better than Georgetown? My eyeballs tell me we are fairly equal.

Reaction Score

Hmmmmm.

Hotelscom_ObviousChoice_CaptainObvousFullBody.png

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
once again, when it comes to bubble teams, it's not about wins or losses or your resume

it's about representation on the committee

the biggest problem the AAC has had when it comes to selection Sunday is that they've had no representation on the committee, everything else is a red herring, everything else

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
just checked, it doesn't appear the conference will be represented this year either

Reaction Score
Are you concerned about our seeding? UConn Tournament seeding never matters. Its just artwork.

We win regardless of where we are seeded. As for this season, the Texas final destination is all that matters. History proves we get there and we win it.

"We don't chase Championships, Championships chase UConn!"

Reaction Score
We knew this last year. AAC teams love to schedule cupcakes in December and it kills us in March. Temple schedules alright - and so did USF this year, but both teams suck.

OSU and Texas are looking like they will belong in the bottom halves of their conferences. GTown is a mystery. If we need a win this year its against Maryland. If we can beat the #3 Terps, it creates some justification for a protected seed if we finish with less than 5 losses.

Scheduling is still a lot better than last year on the AAC as a whole. Cincinnati scheduled pretty well. Butler, Iowa State at home. @Xavier, @VCU. GW and Nebraska neutral.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Are you concerned about our seeding? UConn Tournament seeding never matters. Its just artwork.

We win regardless of where we are seeded. As for this season, the Texas final destination is all that matters. History proves we get there and we win it.

"We don't chase Championships, Championships chase UConn!"

Still rather have a higher seed than not.

At the end of the day, it's about match ups. If we face Louisville in 2014 somewhere in the bracket, we are not National Champions.

Reaction Score
Still rather have a higher seed than not.

At the end of the day, it's about match ups. If we face Louisville in 2014 somewhere in the bracket, we are not National Champions.
Louisville had our number that year, that's for sure. I agree its about matchups, but that 2014 Championship was against the best of college basketball, and we didn't have many weapons. Just saying that seeding for UConn historically affects are opponents more than the other way around.

Just saying even if we are 6th seed, I can't imagine there being one happy opponent seeing us in their region. We are dangerous no matter were we are seeded in a region. Come March I think this team is capable of doing so much damage, its just going to take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom