LB: LB Junior Joseph (r-So. 6-1 242) Connecticut

LB: LB Graham Stewart (r-Sr. 6-1 227) Connecticut

DB: S Andrew Adams (r-Sr. 6-0 197) Connecticut

R: RB/KR Arkeel Newsome (So. 5-7 176) Connecticut

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. I think there is more talent on UConn than is reflected on this list, but it's not good to be in a weak conference and have only one all conference player.

But, I think there is strong unknown talent on this team and the post season list will have more UConn representation.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
More important, and hopefully longer, will be the list at the end of the year. If it is the same BD's in trouble.

Reaction Score
Just to note - this is not the AAC Coach's list - this is from "College Football Preseason".

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Adams should be 1st team. Obi should get some recognition too.

Reaction Score
Arkeel over RonJon? Hmmm

Newsome was often just a step away from big plays last season and with his maturation and better OL play and offensive execution in general I would not be surprised to see him as a star on this team and conference.

Reaction Score
Newsome was often just a step away from big plays last season and with his maturation and better OL play and offensive execution in general I would not be surprised to see him as a star on this team and conference.
He had trouble holding on to the football and he can't run between the tackles. But he has the makings of a very good return man. And if he gets the ball in space he is very good. I wouldn't be shocked to see him used in the slot quite a bit too. Larry Taylor redux. If you saw the spring game he still can't run between the tackles like Johnson or even Max or the kid from Virginia. Central Florida is a lot different from Naugatuck High. It really is a huge jump.

Reaction Score
He had trouble holding on to the football and he can't run between the tackles. But he has the makings of a very good return man. And if he gets the ball in space he is very good. I wouldn't be shocked to see him used in the slot quite a bit too. Larry Taylor redux. If you saw the spring game he still can't run between the tackles like Johnson or even Max or the kid from Virginia. Central Florida is a lot different from Naugatuck High. It really is a huge jump.

Agree with all that. He's not a banger and was not physically ready last season.

Reaction Score
I look for Campenni to surprise those AAC folks with a post season honor come season's end

Reaction Score
Actually Newsome reminds me of the kid from West Virgina from a couple of years ago. Get him the ball in the open field and watch out.

Reaction Score
Remind me then why our coaches would throw him in the mix?
Same reason they used a lot of guys who weren't ready for prime time. Diaco used 2014 as a glorified jv season and used guys like a jv coach does. Why did he use Boyle if he was injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom