AAC OOC Games Today | The Boneyard

AAC OOC Games Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Except for Houston (vs Texas State) the other "opportunity" games look like possible mismatches and not in our favor.

UCF @ South Carolina - Ugh they look terrible so far this season.

Virginia Tech @ ECU - Defense is tough but not getting enough help . Occasionally look dangerous on offense but haven't recovered from last years graduation. They could keep this one close as a measuring stick of upper level ACC vs mid-level AAC.

Reaction Score
Same ECU team which Navy put 45 points and over 400yds of rushing up on last week.

As you well know, these frustrating triple option type offenses make it impossible to judge another team's overall defense. I really wish Navy never joined the AAC. I still have nightmares from 2006. At least it's only every 2 years....:eek:

Reaction Score
...least it's only every 2 years....:eek:

Rest easy. From a Fuller article...

>>The good news is that after playing triple-option teams in two of the last two weeks, there is just one such team on UConn's schedule in the next three seasons as the Huskies play at Navy next season but Army is not on the schedule again and there are no UConn/Navy games during the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Even next year's game will feature a much younger Navy squad and without Reynolds at the controls.<<

Reaction Score
Rest easy. From a Fuller article...

>>The good news is that after playing triple-option teams in two of the last two weeks, there is just one such team on UConn's schedule in the next three seasons as the Huskies play at Navy next season but Army is not on the schedule again and there are no UConn/Navy games during the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Even next year's game will feature a much younger Navy squad and without Reynolds at the controls.<<

My bad. I don't understand the scheduling . I can live with that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm telling everyone Navy could beat a bunch of top 40 teams and probably deserves to be in the top 25 right now. Although teams will look at our game today and spot some weaknesses and certainly make adjustments defensively, even with their limitations they will be tough.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I left that game thinking navy is gonna win the conference

So did I. I'm too lazy to look up schedules but I think the only team that has a chance to beat them is Memphis...only because I think they could score in the 50s and win a shootout.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Houston. They have a team with uniforms and everything.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
SMU is less than 15 minutes from dropping one to James Madison at home...zoinks.

Reaction Score
I left that game thinking navy is gonna win the conference
So did I. I'm too lazy to look up schedules but I think the only team that has a chance to beat them is Memphis...only because I think they could score in the 50s and win a shootout.
Houston. They have a team with uniforms and everything.
Same here, agree the year end game with Houston could decide the AAC West.
Navy is also on the road at Notre Dame and Memphis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom