AAC Men’s Soccer Tourney | The Boneyard

AAC Men’s Soccer Tourney

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
8 wins for a national championship!

Reaction Score
Six UConn players made the various men's soccer all AAC conference teams that were announced today.

Abdou Mbacke Thiam and Jacob Hauser-Ramsey made the first team.

Dylan Greenberg and Scott Levene made the second team.

Josh Burnett and Blaise N'Gague made the rookie team.

Six Huskies Earn All-Conference Awards

Reaction Score
After suffering a leg injury towards the end of the Yale game, Dylan Greenberg is not in the starting lineup for the second straight game. That's not good for UConn's chances.

UConn Men's Soccer‏ @UConnMSOC
Here's how the Huskies are lining up tonight against @UCF_MSoccer. #LeaveYourMark

DOTaJTyUEAA0jSg.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We were robbed (but it never should have come down to that).

Reaction Score
Central Florida wins 1-0. Season over for UConn.

Any particular reason you leave out the fact the referees INEXPLICABLY disallowed a CLEAR goal by UConn with 40 secs left?

Reaction Score
Any particular reason you leave out the fact the referees INEXPLICABLY disallowed a CLEAR goal by UConn with 40 secs left?
I guess the AAC's gotta promote other programs...

Reaction Score

No, I was just reporting the game result. I also didn't see the play. And what are you trying to suggest?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
It was a pretty egregious miss by the officials. It was a solid foot inside the goal. How do 3 officials miss that, especially on a set play? WTF!

Reaction Score
It was a pretty egregious miss by the officials. It was a solid foot inside the goal. How do 3 officials miss that, especially on a set play? WTF!

The only way you miss that goal in that situation is if you want that game to be over with and not go to OT.

Just sinister stuff.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Come down to that? It's soccer. They tied the game with 40 seconds left and for whatever reason the referees said no goal.

Despicable.
My point was that UCF didn't appear to be all that special of a team yet our passive play (thanks Reid) until the final ~6 minutes (desperation time) allowed UCF to control the play for most of the game and take the lead (they nearly scored a couple of minutes before they did take the lead). There also was nothing done by us to force the error of the touched ball which gave us the kick that went in but wasn't recognized by the officials.

I hope the statement "it's soccer" wasn't something like what Reid normally says after a loss to a team we should have beaten, implying that it comes down entirely to luck and in whatever case luck was not on our side. We've spent too many years letting lesser teams end our season. This wasn't as good a team as many from ~14 years ago to ~8 years ago but we still should have looked more inspired in a win or else game.

Reaction Score
My point was that UCF didn't appear to be all that special of a team yet our passive play (thanks Reid) until the final ~6 minutes (desperation time) allowed UCF to control the play for most of the game and take the lead (they nearly scored a couple of minutes before they did take the lead). There also was nothing done by us to force the error of the touched ball which gave us the kick that went in but wasn't recognized by the officials.

I hope the statement "it's soccer" wasn't something like what Reid normally says after a loss to a team we should have beaten, implying that it comes down entirely to luck and in whatever case luck was not on our side. We've spent too many years letting lesser teams end our season. This wasn't as good a team as many from ~14 years ago to ~8 years ago but we still should have looked more inspired in a win or else game.
I hope Benedict sees this defeatist version of soccer as the reason to move Reid out. It's not going to change and if he has to refund Reid the donations that he made to the school he should do that. Hell, I'd even go along with naming the field after Reid if it meant we could move on.

Reaction Score

Aside from the bad goal call, it seems that this game mirrored UConn's season in miniature. The opposing team carried the play. This was true pretty much all season, no matter who the opponent was. The only thing was that there was a stretch during the middle of the season where UConn had some luck and was able to win games where the opposition had the better of the play. But things usually even out in the end, and towards the end of the season UConn ended up losing these games. Central Florida was part of that streak with their win in Storrs in October. Under such circumstances, it was hard to figure that the Huskies were going to have a long post season run. It's just too bad that it ended with the help of a a bad call.

Plenty of returning young talent on next year's team, although the team will need to replace Scott Levene in goal. Also gone are seniors Geres and Coly. Still, a solid core of young players who should be back in Storrs next season. Just have to hope that there is marked improvement in returning players, and that they don't get snakebite from the aura that always seems to pervade Ray Reid's teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom