AAC Likely To Stay At 11 Members For Football; Will Not Replace UConn | The Boneyard

AAC Likely To Stay At 11 Members For Football; Will Not Replace UConn

Reaction Score
This is pretty sad. If other schools perceived a lack of commitment to football from us, that’s just embarrassing.

If I am the incoming president, this really pisses me off. It sure seems like this was done before his arrival so that he couldn’t commit to playing football at a high level. I hope he comes in and says, “Well, now I’m going to throw even more money at football and become a successful independent.”

I like the boldness of the move to the Big East but I was really hoping football had a plan. It seems there isn’t one as the hours tick by and UConn says nothing. So frustrating.

Reaction Score
If I am the incoming president, this really pisses me off. It sure seems like this was done before his arrival so that he couldn’t commit to playing football at a high level.

I can't believe that Katsouleas wasn't in on this decision.

Reaction Score
This is pretty sad. If other schools perceived a lack of commitment to football from us, that’s just embarrassing.

If I am the incoming president, this really pisses me off. It sure seems like this was done before his arrival so that he couldn’t commit to playing football at a high level. I hope he comes in and says, “Well, now I’m going to throw even more money at football and become a successful independent.”

I like the boldness of the move to the Big East but I was really hoping football had a plan. It seems there isn’t one as the hours tick by and UConn says nothing. So frustrating.
I am withholding judgement till they say something. The lack of commitment comment I'm sure is a reference to bringing back a retread old coach for below market value. Hard to scream were committed to football with that move to anyone on the outside.

But @whaler11 is right, that move makes sense now that this has been announced. They went the cheap route waiting to see the AAC TV contract. When that failed to meet their expectations, they went ahead with the BE plan. There have been rumblings of this for a couple of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom