AAC has three top-15 teams... | The Boneyard

AAC has three top-15 teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I'd like this, but let's be honest: they have 2. It's silly to count Louisville, since they're here for a year.

But yes, Cincy and Temple need to stop sh¡tting themselves.

Not really...whatever they earn this season they have to leave behind...if UC and Temple are going to have "down seasons" I'd much rather them do it now with UL here...next season we need them at full strength.

Reaction Score
Not really...whatever they earn this season they have to leave behind...if UC and Temple are going to have "down seasons" I'd much rather them do it now with UL here...next season we need them at full strength.
I agree with this part.

Reaction Score
SMU is on the verge of making some noise. I expect them to replace Lousiville respectfully.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
SMU is on the verge of making some noise. I expect them to replace Lousiville respectfully.
SMU will replace one of the top programs in history? Not likely

Reaction Score
SMU is bringing in a lot of quality players and have a really good coach. I could see them improving a ton in the next few years.

Reaction Score
I'd like this, but let's be honest: they have 2. It's silly to count Louisville, since they're here for a year.

But yes, Cincy and Temple need to stop sh¡tting themselves.

This season counts and we should enjoy it. Right now Louisville is an AAC team.

Reaction Score
People scoffing at SMU being good next year with their recruiting class might be surprised that they're decent this year too (#50 on kenpom). For comparison, Cincy is #58.

Reaction Score
SMU is bringing in a lot of quality players and have a really good coach. I could see them improving a ton in the next few years.
They're going to be good, no doubt. But they ain't replacing Louisville. Maybe when Louisville has occassional down years, SMU might be better. But over the long haul, it's a downgrade.

Positive news, though, is that I never would have thought SMU would be good, and I'm convinced they're solid going forward, or at least until Larry Brown has another bout with planomania.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
SMU will more than replace Rutgers though in all sports :)

I think they will be pretty good, but than again all I care about is how UCONN does

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
SMU will more than replace Rutgers though in all sports :)

I think they will be pretty good, but than again all I care about is how UCONN does

Ah ... yes, we all only care about UCONN, except for maybe Mr. UofMemphis, but alas we exist in a symbiotic RPI relationship with the other institutes of higher learning in our conference that we play 2-3 times per year. If they are good, our victories rank higher, if they are a bunch of @ss clowns, our victories don't count as munch, and our losses make us feel like @ss clowns. Who wants to be in a league where you go undefeated almost every year. Memphis thought it was on the rebound from that type of relationship with the other members of Conference USA before the Big East crumbled around them. Good teams make a good league, crappy teams make a crappy league. I hope the AAC turns out to be a better league than I'm anticipating.

Reaction Score
(With all due respect to Mustang nation) if SMU is our #2 competitor can we just cancel the AAC schedule and have a best-of-7 with Memphis for the auto bid??

There are upstart programs doing well in the NCAA every year. Look at the top 25. Wichita St., San Diego St., Iowa St., Umass, etc. SMU has a lot of talent now, next year they bring in a top player. Look up what Nic Moore is doing.

Mick Cronin would have to be a magician to have his team play better than SMU next year.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
You guys are underestimating the power of ECU! They will be replacing PC as the "why do we have go there and play".

If Lebo can keep them where they are they won't be THAT bad...UCF, Houston, and Tulane are the RPI killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom