AAC deserves a little respect. | The Boneyard

AAC deserves a little respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Last night should prove this conference isn't nearly as terrible as some here think it is...you can't take any of these games for granted and it will be a war night in and night out.

Cincy @ SMU tonight will be a really good game.

Reaction Score
SMU is on the road bro. Should be a good 1. Ville and Memphis handled their biz with ease on the road.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't know where I came up with Cincy playing at SMU...that games in Cincy.

Reaction Score
I guess with the ever increasing acceptance of mediocrity in college basketball we should just shrug off a loss to an 8-5 Houston team playing without 3 players and hype them up as a good team when they clearly are not.

Houston deserves zero respect. That was a pathetic effort from UConn to start that game. They were not prepared to play. Houston is not a good team. Apparently UConn doesn't want to be a good team all the time this year either.

Reaction Score
We always play like sh¡t on New Year's Eve. South Florida gave us a game every 12/31 we played them.

I'm disappointed with the loss, but that was a vintage UConn stinker.

Vintage UConn stinker?

Explain. I don't remember any of our good teams losing to a team as bad as we lost to last night.

The St. Bonaventure loss is referenced from 2002 but they were not a bad team that year.

Reaction Score
Vintage UConn stinker?

Explain. I don't remember any of our good teams losing to a team as bad as we lost to last night.

The St. Bonaventure loss is referenced from 2002 but they were not a bad team that year.
Probably on par with losing twice to an eventual 15-16 Providence in 07/08.

Reaction Score
Probably on par with losing twice to an eventual 15-16 Providence in 07/08.

Even than I don't think Providence was missing 2 of their leading scorers.

Reaction Score
Vintage UConn stinker?

If this was the old days, we go to SMU and win by 25 to follow up last nights performance. I would feel a lot better about this team if that actually happened especially because I believe SMU is a better team than Houston.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This conference sucks and last night was not an aberration, it was an abomination.

Memphis is a good program, and Cincinnati, SMU and Temple don't suck. The rest of the teams would have trouble finishing in the top half of the current CUSA.

Reaction Score
Vintage UConn stinker?

My point was that the team often has a history of struggling on New Year's Eve. But to take on your point.

That was a 17-13 St. Bonaventure team, so if that is your standard for what is a not bad team, I'm not sure a neutral court loss to them is much better than our road loss to a 9-5 Houston team. But that team also lost at Rutgers in 2002 as well.

In 2003 (S16), we lost to a 19-16 UNC team and an 11-18 Virginia Tech team.
In 2005 (2-seed) lost to a 16-12 UMass team. That was before Anderson's staph infection that hurt the rest of the year
Our 2008 team lost TWICE to a 15-16 Providence team. This was even after the team coalesced. With a healthy AJ, that's a S16 team.

Reaction Score
Last night should prove this conference isn't nearly as terrible as some here think it is...you can't take any of these games for granted and it will be a war night in and night out.

Cincy @ SMU tonight will be a really good game.

If Houston was as good as you believe, then why are they losing to Lafayette and San Jose? That's pretty poor.

No doubt UConn took them for granted. UConn has also taken very poor teams for granted in the past. And lost. It doesn't make those teams good.

Reaction Score
We always play like sh¡t on New Year's Eve. South Florida gave us a game every 12/31 we played them.

I'm disappointed with the loss, but that was a vintage UConn stinker.

I just wish they had done it on SNY, but at least I'm sure the national ESPN audience was light considering the holiday game. If the curious (including potential recruits) only looked at the 1st half and 'checked out' that would not be helpful, as we looked terrible. Then again it did show we need help.

Reaction Score
I really do like Ollie, but isn't the coach supposed to have the team ready from the start?? Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom