AAC Creates Academic Consortium | The Boneyard

AAC Creates Academic Consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

"The development of a conference strategic plan and the formation of the first-ever American Athletic Conference Academic Consortium highlighted The American Athletic Conference’s recently concluded spring meeting in Key Biscayne, Florida from May 31-June 3. The Academic Consortium was approved unanimously by the Conference’s presidents and funding was allocated to support this unique venture, which will focus on research, programming and education with respect to student-athlete well-being. Another major subject of discussion was the Conference’s strategic plan, which is expected to be finalized later in the summer."

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Can i get this in english please?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Preview

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
UConn, Tulane, SMU, Navy, Tulsa, and a bunch of commuter U schools where you get rapped across your knuckles if you color outside the lines.

Yawn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Credit for trying. Return expectations to rival a money market savings account.

Reaction Score
Forget about consortium, how many Memphis CC or Cougar High students or alumni can even spell academic? Correctly? :(

Even South Florida makes Memphis CC's and Houston CC's respective admissions standards look bad. Memphis admits > 90% of all applicants. In the purported birthplace of rock & roll, they're not bluffing anyone.

Reaction Score
Many of these schools, are akin to Louisville, there are no admission standards to speak of. A few years ago, my Boston Terrier was bored. I stuffed a check in his mouth and put him on a bus to Louisville. 4 years later, he came home on the dean's list - he said if he had opposing thumbs, he would have been valedictorian...

Reaction Score
Why would anyone refer to this consortium as the conference's "first-ever"? Of course it's the first-ever. The conference just started. It's not like the Big Ten just started admitting women. It makes the American look even smaller than it actually is when non-accomplishments are touted as if they were accomplishments,

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Transcript from the AAC meetings:

Aresco: So the next item up, is promoting the brand we all need to get out there and promote the American! Thoughts?

Pres. 1: Yeah
Pres. 2: Sure
Pres. 3: Whatever

Aresco: Okay, next up we are doing research on our next contract and I think we can have a great arguement for a 10% raise in our tv deal. What do you think about that?

Aresco: So the last item of business for today is really exciting. I am proposing that the conference an academic research consortium like the Big 10 and now the ACC. Really innovative and exciting, right?

Actually I give them props for trying.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Many of these schools, are akin to Louisville, there are no admission standards to speak of. A few years ago, my Boston Terrier was bored. I stuffed a check in his mouth and put him on a bus to Louisville. 4 years later, he came home on the dean's list - he said if he had opposing thumbs, he would have been valedictorian...

Worse yet, over half of Louisville's entire student body is from Jefferson Co., which is metro Louisville. They're all still living at home with mommy and daddy. It's a glorified community college. That's why it's a first class jock academy. Going to classes and actually doing any academic work is strictly voluntary, thereby freeing up lots of extra time to participate in sports.

How this joke of an academic institution managed to pull an end around and snooker the ACC into taking them over UCONN, while Herbst and Manuel looked on helplessly from the sideline, defies all reason and logic.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I looked at the USNWR from this past year to better understand where these schools are ranked. Rankings are in parentheses. Obviously this doesn't take into account everything (i believe Cinci, UCF/USF actually have fairly big research operations at their schools) but its a decent starting point

1. Navy (9- Liberal Arts Colleges)
2. Tulane (41)
3. UConn (57)
4. SMU (61)
5. Tulsa (86)
6. Temple (115)
7. Cincinnati (140)
8. USF (156)
9. UCF (168)
10. Houston (187)
11. ECU (T-194)
12. Memphis (NR)

Also a couple of potential expansion candidates if the AAC were to lose 2 to the XII:

Rice (18)
Army (22- Liberal Arts Colleges)
Air Force (29- Liberal Arts Colleges)
BYU (66)
UMass (75)
Buffalo (T-99)
Colorado State (127)
San Diego State (149)
UNC-Charlotte (T-194)
Marshall (45- Regional Universities)
Boise St (T-61- Regional Universities)
Old Dominion (NR)
Northern Illinois (NR)

Reaction Score
Worse yet, over half of Louisville's entire student body is from Jefferson Co., which is metro Louisville. They're all still living at home with mommy and daddy. It's a glorified community college. That's why it's a first class jock academy. Going to classes and actually doing any academic work is strictly voluntary, thereby freeing up lots of extra time to participate in sports.

How this joke of an academic institution managed to pull an end around and snooker the ACC into taking them over UCONN, while Herbst and Manuel looked on helplessly from the sideline, defies all reason and logic.

Spot on - we share that frustration. It is an --- joke... Just don't tell my Boston Terrier - he still thinks he's pretty smart.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
For expansion AAC candidates, I like:

i) BYU first - but they would never join us.
ii) Boise State - state school - also would never join us.
iii) Army - keeps us classy.
iv) CSU - state school - rapidly growing state
v) Buffalo - state school - good for our travel

Umass is the most available school, but I don't care for the effort the state has put behind elevating their facilities and academics. Its not enough. I also don't care for non state supported universities like Marshall, ODU or to add the 6th school in NC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For expansion AAC candidates, I like:

i) BYU first - but they would never join us.
ii) Boise State - state school - also would never join us.
iii) Army - keeps us classy.
iv) CSU - state school - rapidly growing state
v) Buffalo - state school - good for our travel

Umass is the most available school, but I don't care for the effort the state has put behind elevating their facilities and academics. Its not enough. I also don't care for non state supported universities like Marshall, ODU or to add the 6th school in NC.

If Wichita State is really going to add football, they'd be my #1 choice.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If Wichita State is really going to add football, they'd be my #1 choice.

Interesting, what's their academic ranking? The idea of the #3 school in KS doesn't thrill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom