AAC competition stat from John | The Boneyard

AAC competition stat from John

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I know it is the narrative that the AAC is terrible and it isn't great, but ... John gives us a few stats that are supposed to prove how top heavy it was ...
The 8 bottom teams end up 0-32 against Uconn and Louisville.
Problem is that if you look at last year the bottom 13 teams in the BE went a similar 0-28 against the top two teams (ND and Uconn.) And the only reason it wasn't a more shocking 0-54 is because only two teams played Uconn or ND more than once unlike this year where they all got stomped twice each.
And you could break out any one of the next three teams and do a bottom 12 record of 3-43. Too lazy to check the 3, 4, 5 teams but I suspect the record of the bottom 10 against the top 5 would be somewhere around 4 - 52
I am certainly not saying that the middle ground of the AAC is the same as the old BE, just that the top end of most conferences in WCBB distances itself from the rest of the conference.

And you can come up with all sorts of silly numbers if you want - Uconn and ND went a combined 60-0 against all competition this year - throw in Louisville and the rest of the country went a combined 1 - 88! And you could go on - add in Stanford and it is 2 - 116! Not sure what any of that means but it sure looks impressive and ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom