AAC Bracket | The Boneyard

AAC Bracket

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
NlisBSxE0DS4dav26rV_uMQk7Kwvz_4pQ6lRMI8g6QM.png

Reaction Score
We were absolutely blessed with the 6 seed. We virtually have the same path as the 5 seed except were on the opposite side of the best team in SMU imo. I'll be rooting like hell for Tulsa to upset Cincy tho

Reaction Score
First Uconn needs to beat Houston, a tall order, with the limited bench they have this year. Then Tulsa would have to get past Tulane (didn't they just get crushed by Tulane?) and then somehow have a miracle game vs cincy which will not happen.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Absolutely best case scenario given the debacles of the last 2 weeks. USF should be a warm-up game given how we've pounded them in the first 2 meetings and Houston isn't that good....if someone actually guards Dotson this time...getting to the semis isn't out of the question, but I can't see any way we beat Cincy and SMU at this point sadly.

Reaction Score
After watching today's game a rematch with Cincy on Saturday being the 3rd game in 3 days is a difficult proposition. However, we have to get past Houston first.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
At least our first and hopefully second game won't be during the day for those of us at work?

Reaction Score
Eternal optimism, just like KO today talking about winning the AAC tournament. Guess when you get paid 3 million you have to say stuff you don't believe.

Reaction Score
For the people here saying that we can beat Cincy... do you really believe that or do you just say it to make yourselves feel better... get likes on the board? A rational person could not possibly come to any sort of conclusion that we have any chance against cincy given how we were utterly annihilated against them twice.

Reaction Score
For the people here saying that we can beat Cincy... do you really believe that or do you just say it to make yourselves feel better... get likes on the board? A rational person could not possibly come to any sort of conclusion that we have any chance against cincy given how we were utterly annihilated against them twice.

I believe, if all the players are healthy, that they can beat Cincy.

I don't think it's likely or probably...but this isn't a series, it's one game. There's no reason Cincy couldn't have an off night and Uconn couldn't be on fire for a game.

Reaction Score
I believe, if all the players are healthy, that they can beat Cincy.

I don't think it's likely or probably...but this isn't a series, it's one game. There's no reason Cincy couldn't have an off night and Uconn couldn't be on fire for a game.

I mean ya team USA beat Russia in 1980. Anything is possible in a 1 game scenario. They will again probably be around an 8- 9 point dog and I would take Cincy in a heartbeat if I wasn't so vested in the program. If they play 100 times I say Cincy wins 85 - 90 of them. They are better than us 1 - 8 with the exception of a healthy Jalen. With an injured Jalen they most certainly are better 1 - 8. To have even a shot at winning, Purvis needs to shoot near 50% and score around 17 - 20+ points.

Reaction Score
Just to illustrate how bad this season really is in context. We only have 3 RPI top 100 wins. 3!!! 1 vs Syracuse RPI 80 and 2 vs UCF RPI 75. I think if we played in any p5 conference we would be like 8 - 20. The avg margin of defeat against the RPI top 100 teams is 10 points.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Something broke right for us?

Is this the first time this season Lady Luck has smiled upon us? I mean, she's stould over our bound and gagged corpus, still bleeding from the whip, and sneered mockingly at our suffering.

Is that...a ray of hope? Has the curse finally been lifted?! Tell me!

Reaction Score
I think we can beat any team in this league except SMU. But we can also lose to everyteam in this league. We have to take this game by game.

Reaction Score
I think we can beat any team in this league except SMU. But we can also lose to everyteam in this league. We have to take this game by game.
I honestly think we have a better chance beating SMU than Cincinnati. At least when we played SMU in Hartford last weekend, the game was within 5 at one point in the second half, and we only lost by 8. That was all without Jalen for the 2nd half. I just think Cincinnati is just better than we are and just a bad matchup, kind of like Louisville was for us back in 2014.

Reaction Score
+1, reason being smu is not a deep ballclub which can rear it's ugly head at anytime. Cincy has depth and in multiple game situations that comes in handy. I also think with Jalen hobbled Cincy's guards are going to continue to push him on both ends of the court which is tough to deal with.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm hoping for 3 things on Thursday:

1) we have a healthy Adams, and VJ (no other injuries).

2) we stomp on USF which allows resting of key players in the 2nd half

3) we use the USF victory as a momentum builder (remember Depaul in '11)

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! We can hope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom