AAC better fix its officiating | The Boneyard

AAC better fix its officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
absolute joke to overturn the fumble call on Memphis' last drive.

Reaction Score
They blew the previous fumble call the other way so I guess if you're consistently incompetent it's a wash.

Reaction Score
The AAC couldn't hold onto its best officials after the split. This is the result. The best Big East crew officiated the Rose Bowl a few years back. Once the Catholics split away, that referee & his comrades ended up in the B1G. The ACC hired away the more competant crews & the AAC was left with the dregs. It is up to the hierarchy in Providence to identify young & competent officials (either from the "lesser" FBS conferences or currently working in the FCS) & to entice them away with AAC contracts. Otherwise, we will continue to see the kangaroo court on the field that presently exists.

(eidtors note: My brother-in-law & his crew have worked their way up from high school to FCS level officiating (Patriot League, Ivy, New Hampshire, etc.) UConn has regularly used his crew during the preseason for officiating live scrimmage practices. This is how you scout new crews, along with watching game tape of past games. I would hope that Providence is doing their due diligence)

Reaction Score
If Thomas doesn't make that acrobatic catch against Missouri he wouldn't have bailed out the ref who didnt call pass interference. Missouri CB clearly pulled at Thomas's jersey as he was in the air ... should have drawn a flag.

Reaction Score
The whole point of instant replay is to get the call correct. In this case the on field refs did and the yahoo in the booth overturned it without definitive visual evidence. Feel for those cinci kids. They were hosed

Reaction Score
The whole point of instant replay is to get the call correct. In this case the on field refs did and the yahoo in the booth overturned it without definitive visual evidence. Feel for those cinci kids. They were hosed
There actually was definitive evidence of a fumble, which makes it ridiculous that it was overturned. It amazes me how many refs simply have poor eye sight. passing a basic eye exam doesn't change the fact that with age comes a reduction in certain nuanced aspects of sight like ability to see at night and determine how shadow can tell you if a knee touches the ground or not etc. It's pretty sad to see a game determined by something like this.

Reaction Score
That was so obvious a missed call that i questioned whether I truly understood the rule. So let me ask the expert rules folks on the Boneyard. If the ball is being tugged at and "moves" but does not separate from the ballcarrier-- is it a fumble? It never flipped away from his body nor did it start to fall away--you never saw any light between the football and receiver's body--it was merely moving due to the defender's attempt to dislodge it--which he didn't actually dislodge till after the knee was down. So was the replay referee really wrong here?

Reaction Score
The movement of the ball was the beginning of the fumble process on that play. If it never seperates than no.

Regardless Nos, the grounds for overturning any call by the replay booth is 'clear and incontrovertible visual evidence'. So overturns are only supposed to happen on the most egregious misses by the on-field crew. The fact that there is so much grey area on this play means the booth never should have overturned. If I'm Cinci, I'm all over Aresco this morning.

Reaction Score
The replay official blew 3 calls last night. 2 went against Cincy and 1 helped them. Targeting absolutely should've been called when Kiel got KO'ed (despite what the Bachelor and Hair Plugs Tessitore said). Morrison clearly fumbled and the call on the field stood and the last drive was pretty obvious.

I wouldn't let the replay official back in a booth ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom