Damyean Dotson (Houston)

All-Rookie Team
Kentrell Barkley (East Carolina)
*Dedric Lawson (Memphis)
Galen Robinson, Jr. (Houston)
*Jahmal McMurray (USF)
*Shake Milton (SMU)

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams ...Can't be too angry because all those guys have better numbers than him. hell have an opportunity to show out in front of all the coaches who snubbed him this weekend...

Reaction Score
Individual awards are nice for thos selected but in order of importance they are really meaningless.. I'm actually a team stat guy mostly W and L's
Miller is second in win shares and leads the conference in PER too... Should have been first team or second at the minimum
Miller is the head scratcher probably Ivy League bias.but remember
That BYU guy beat Kemba for POY
The Knicks didn't sign him to a second 10 day contract.
Kemba is leading the Hornets to respectability so much for honors.

Reaction Score
Didn't someone post all shonns stats and how leads the conference in almost everything?
That would probably be Hamilton.

He is 3rd in rebounds, 4th in assists, 8th in assists to TO ratio, 1st in defensive rebounds

Miller shows up on the following leaders lists: 14th in scoring, 3rd in FG %, 7th in FT %, 14th in blocks

Reaction Score
Miller is second in win shares and leads the conference in PER too... Should have been first team or second at the minimum
Agreed. Miller definitely deserved 1st or 2nd team.

@UConnSwag11

Miller is top 5 in a lot of the advanced metrics:

1st in PER: 25.9
2nd in TS%: .635
2nd in Off Rating: 130.9
4th in Def Rating: 91.3
3rd in Off Win Shares: 3.0
6th in Def Win Shares: 2.0
2nd in Total Win Shares: 5.0
1st in Win Shares per 40: .246
4th in +/-: 8.8

Reaction Score
Individual awards are nice for thos selected but in order of importance they are really meaningless.. I'm actually a team stat guy mostly W and L's

Miller is the head scratcher probably Ivy League bias.but remember
That BYU guy beat Kemba for POY
The Knicks didn't sign him to a second 10 day contract.
Kemba is leading the Hornets to respectability so much for honors.

The fact that Jimmer Fredette won NPOY over Walker is still one of the most galling things I can recall about UConn hoops. Given that we've won 4 titles but never had a NPOY, him not winning the award that year bothers me more in hindsight than Tate George dropping the ball out of bounds, George Mason taking out Rudy and company, and even the NCAA keeping us out of the tourney (since I attribute our 2014 title in part to the ban, I can live with that BS decision).

About the only more galling thing is us getting left out in the musical chairs game that is conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Miller definitely deserved 1st or 2nd team.

@UConnSwag11

Miller is top 5 in a lot of the advanced metrics:

1st in PER: 25.9
2nd in TS%: .635
2nd in Off Rating: 130.9
4th in Def Rating: 91.3
3rd in Off Win Shares: 3.0
6th in Def Win Shares: 2.0
2nd in Total Win Shares: 5.0
1st in Win Shares per 40: .246
4th in +/-: 8.8
Can you link the site for these? Thanks

Reaction Score
The fact that Jimmer Fredette won NPOY over Walker is still one of the most galling things I can recall about UConn hoops. Given that we've won 4 titles but never had a NPOY, him not winning the award that year bothers me more in hindsight than Tate George dropping the ball out of bounds, George Mason taking out Rudy and company, and even the NCAA keeping us out of the tourney (since I attribute our 2014 title in part to the ban, I can live with that BS decision).

About the only more galling thing is us getting left out in the musical chairs game that is conference realignment.

Forget Jimmer, have you guys all forgotten that Ben Hansborough won Big East Player of the Year over Kemba that year?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Forget Jimmer, have you guys all forgotten that Ben Hansborough won Big East Player of the Year over Kemba that year?

We had a long discussion over this in another thread a few weeks ago. It's pretty funny in retrospect, but it wasn't that crazy. Kemba and the team struggled mightily at times during the BE regular season.

Reaction Score
We had a long discussion over this in another thread a few weeks ago. It's pretty funny in retrospect, but it wasn't that crazy. Kemba and the team struggled mightily at times during the BE regular season.
Yup, Hansbrough actually had a pretty decent case for BE POTY over Kemba.

Stealing these numbers from @CallMeBruce:

Kemba - 21.7ppg on .395 shooting, 4.5apg, 25.2 PER, 3.2 WS
Hansbrough - 20.7ppg, on .509 shooting, 4.7apg, 29.0 PER, 3.9 WS

And Hansbrough's team finished 2nd in the regular season while Kemba's team finished 9th.

Reaction Score

And Hansbrough's team finished 2nd in the regular season while Kemba's team finished 9th.
More than decent, he deserved it. But I guess the "Where are they now?" card has come into play

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
More than decent, he deserved it. But I guess the "Where are they now?" card has come into play

It came into a play about 6 weeks after that, when Ben was eating popcorn at home and watching Kemba hold the Final 4 MOP trophy.

Reaction Score

Are those Big East only numbers? I looked up the numbers and they were not kind for full season.

Reaction Score
Kemba was fouled a lot in Big East play, but in typical BE fashion, it was a scrum down there.

I'm convinced that this largely explains the discrepancy in record. To go .500 in the conference and then be undefeated outside of it?

That is NOT an anomaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3