AAC 2019-20 Diaper Dandies | The Boneyard

AAC 2019-20 Diaper Dandies

Reaction Score
Edit: Sorted by 247 Rankings.

5 Stars
#1 James Wiseman, Memphis (7'0 Center from Memphis, TN)

4 Stars
#47 D.J. Jeffries, Memphis (6'7 Forward from Olive Branch, MO)
#70 James Bouknight, UConn (6'4 Guard from New York, NY)
#87 Akok Akok, UConn (6'9 Forward from Putnam, CT)
#100 Jalen Gaffney, UConn (6'2 Guard from Westown, PA)
#116 Tyson Etienne, Wichita State (6'1 Point Guard from Putnam, CT)

3 Stars
#134 Damion Baugh, Memphis (6'4 Guard from Memphis, TN)
#136 Keyshawn Embry, Tulsa (6'3 Guard Transfer from Arkansas)
#138 Malcom Dandridge, Memphis (6'7 F/C from Memphis, TN)
#161 Samari Curtis, Cincinnati (6'3 Guard from Xenia, OH)
#195 Caleb Mills, Houston (6'3 Point Guard from Asheville, NC)
#205 Yuat Alok, UCF TRANSFER (6'10 Center from TCU)
#232 Noah Fernedes, Wichita State (5'11 PG from Mattapoisset, MA)
#247 Isaiah Hill, Tulsa (5'11 Guard from Bakersfield, CA)
#260 DeAntoni Gordon, Wichita State (6'8 PF from Mobile, AL)
#262 Tremont Robinson, East Carolina (6'1 PG from Garden City, KS)
#316 Tony Johnson, UCF (6'3 Guard from Atlanta, GA)
#317 Emmanuel Bandoumel, SMU (6'4 SG from Hillsboro, TX)
#327 Nobal Days, Tulane (6'8 Forward from Racine, WI)
#329 BJ Mack, USF (6'7 Center from Mouth of Wilson, VA)
#350 J'Wan Roberts, Houston (6'7 Forward from Killen, TX)
#359 Isiah Jasey, SMU TRANSFER (6'10 PF from Texas A&M)
#360 Marcus Sasser, Houston (6'2 Guard from Red Oak, TX)
#368 Bryce Cook, SMU (5'6 Guard from Bel Aire, KS)
#377 Darius McBride, SMU (6'4 Forward from Austin, TX)
#398 Damian Dunn, Temple (6'4 Guard from Nocross, GA)
#404 Jamir Chaplin, USF (6'5 Forward from Nocross, GA)
#422 Tyrie Jackson, East Carolina (6'1 PG from Niceville, FL)
#438 Darin Green, JR, UCF (6'4 Guard from Tampa, FL)
#444 Logan Curtis, East Carolina (6'4 Combo Guard from Towson, MD)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hopefully this lists keeps on growing. Memphis, Houston, and UConn doing the most damage for the conference as whole. I don't have a list of transfers that are eligible this year but hopefully some of these 3-stars turn out to be decent!

All info from Rivals.

5 Stars
James Wiseman, Memphis (7'0 Center from Memphis, TN)

4 Stars
Akok Akok, UConn (6'9 Forward from Putnam, CT)
Damion Baugh, Memphis (6'4 Guard from Memphis, TN)
James Bouknight, UConn (6'4 Guard from New York, NY)
Malcom Dandridge, Memphis (6'7 F/C from Memphis, TN)
D.J. Jeffries, Memphis (6'7 Forward from Olive Branch, MO)
Caleb Mills, Houston (6'3 Point Guard from Asheville, NC)

3 Stars
Jamir Chaplin, USF (6'5 Forward from Nocross, GA)
Bryce Cook, SMU (5'6 Guard from Bel Aire, KS)
Samari Curtis, Cincinnati (6'3 Guard from Xenia, OH)
Nobal Days, Tulane (6'8 Forward from Racine, WI)
Damian Dunn, Temple (6'4 Guard from Nocross, GA)
Jalen Gaffney, UConn (6'2 Guard from Westown, PA)
Darin Green, JR, UCF (6'4 Guard from Tampa, FL)
Isaiah Hill, Tulsa (5'11 Guard from Bakersfield, CA)
Tony Johnson, UCF (6'3 Guard from Atlanta, GA)
BJ Mack, USF (6'7 Center from Mouth of Wilson, VA)
Darius McBride, SMU (6'4 Forward from Austin, TX)
Marcus Sasser, Houston (6'2 Guard from Red Oak, TX)
J'Wan Roberts, Houston (6'7 Forward from Killen, TX)
Logan Curts, East Carolina (6'3 Guard from Baltimore, MD)
Gaffney is a 4 star.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This is fantastic. Thanks for compiling and sharing.

Good to see Houston land another 4* kid- think that's back to back years now with Hinton and both are from NC. Rob Gray was from NC via JUCO as well- wonder who their NC connect is?

Cincinnati is going to have to find a way to upgrade their talent level. They can't keep adding these mid 3* kids and expect the results to change.

Ultimately the best newcomer in the league next year will be Teddy Allen at Wichita State IMO. Dude's a flat out beast. The league should be fantastic to watch next year between UConn, Memphis, Houston, Wichita St, Cincinnati, and Temple. I expect UCF to take a step back but if Dawkins (Aubrey) comes for another year they could be tough. USF will continue to improve- the big question marks are at SMU, Tulsa, ECU, and Tulane. I think Hunter will get Tulane competitive eventually but it will definitely take time.

Reaction Score
I also believe Witchia has a couple of high end 3 and 4 starts for next year. I don't think you included them.

Great call, I'll add. Rivals didn't have them listed under AAC. I need to find a new site!

Reaction Score
Yeah don't use Rivals. They are very inaccurate.

For example...Malcom Dandridge going to Memphis...I believe he is a 3 star everywhere else. The opposite of their ranking for Gaffney.

Thanks for putting this together!

Reaction Score

For example...Malcom Dandridge going to Memphis...I believe he is a 3 star everywhere else. The opposite of their ranking for Gaffney.

You weren't kidding, 247 is so much better.

Reaction Score

Not sure why the composite is 3* on 247, but all three of Rivals, 247 and ESPN have him as a 4 star. Issue with Wichita State is that they don't have a team site, so seems more a web site issue than anything else.
Use 247, rivals doesn't even have Akok ranked which takes his ranking way down.
Yeah, that's frustrating, but I understand the logic. He essentially reclassed and enrolled early.

Reaction Score
This is fantastic. Thanks for compiling and sharing.

Good to see Houston land another 4* kid- think that's back to back years now with Hinton and both are from NC. Rob Gray was from NC via JUCO as well- wonder who their NC connect is?

Cincinnati is going to have to find a way to upgrade their talent level. They can't keep adding these mid 3* kids and expect the results to change.

Ultimately the best newcomer in the league next year will be Teddy Allen at Wichita State IMO. Dude's a flat out beast. The league should be fantastic to watch next year between UConn, Memphis, Houston, Wichita St, Cincinnati, and Temple. I expect UCF to take a step back but if Dawkins (Aubrey) comes for another year they could be tough. USF will continue to improve- the big question marks are at SMU, Tulsa, ECU, and Tulane. I think Hunter will get Tulane competitive eventually but it will definitely take time.

Who is Teddy Allen??

Reaction Score
Memphis is in the running for like 2 or more 4-5 stars I think

Reaction Score
Jamir Chaplin and J'Wan Roberts are going to be better than their rankings would indicate. Good gets for USF and Houston.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Cincinnati is going to be so bad next year. They lose Broome, Jenifer, and most likely Cumberland who will go to the draft. Then they don't get any good recruits going into next year, both outside the top 200. Sure they don't get lots of high profile recruits regardless but this is head turning.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati is going to be so bad next year. They lose Broome, Jenifer, and most likely Cumberland who will go to the draft. Then they don't get any good recruits going into next year, both outside the top 200. Sure they don't get lots of high profile recruits regardless but this is head turning.

I don't see Cumberland as an NBA player, do you?

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I don't see Cumberland as an NBA player, do you?
He was the AAC POY, and was in the top 20 for the National POY and a finalist for the SF player of the year. He should go.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Wichita St. could potentially be very good next season.
Also Houston very well could be bringing back Armani Brooks, Gresham, Chris Harris, Hinton, Jarreau and adding in another good few recruits. Memphis will be drawing much national attention. We will be improved, or atleast bringing in more talent. Exciting times for the AAC, believe it or not. Unfortunately, UCF and Cinci will probably take a step back.

Reaction Score
Out of those 3-star dudes, I think Tremont Robinson is a great fit for East Carolina. Fits right into Fleming’s spot and he’s one of the top JUCO guards.

Reaction Score
Wichita St. could potentially be very good next season.
Also Houston very well could be bringing back Armani Brooks, Gresham, Chris Harris, Hinton, Jarreau and adding in another good few recruits. Memphis will be drawing much national attention. We will be improved, or atleast bringing in more talent. Exciting times for the AAC, believe it or not. Unfortunately, UCF and Cinci will probably take a step back.
Wonder if ESPN will start to include AAC in their "power 6" and expand to 7 next year? Considering AAC home is ESPN & BE is Fox maybe they'll wake-up and embrace the new landscape ;)

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Akok is only 6'9"?!?!?

I thought he was 7 feet tall and kills men by the hundreds. I envision him consuming opponents with fire balls from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his .

But 6' 9"?
He might be taller than 6'9". From watching him stand next to the team in the huddle, he looks like the tallest player on the team. He might be taller than Carlton, but I could be wrong.
Either way he has incredible length and can stretch the floor on offense to give us a mismatch 3 pt threat and allow (a hopefully more physically imposing) Carlton go to work. He might be a force next season that can allow Polley and Sid to play the 3 more alongside 2 ball handlers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom