AAC 2016 per Rothstein | The Boneyard

AAC 2016 per Rothstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AAC offseason storylines: UConn, Cincy are the clear front-runners and top-25 worthy

"UConn has had both Ryan Boatright and Sterling Gibbs as its primary facilitators the past two seasons, but neither of those players are the traditional type of point guard that Ollie craves to coach."

Disagree with this assessment of Boatright. Think he was unbelievable in Ollie's system. Boatright's senior year was something else and he was the perfect Robin to Batman in '14.

Reaction Score
Dedric Lawson was the most unathletic player in the draft, worse than Niang. His 2P% was only 44%, not great for a forward. He was more of a volume shooter than anything. He rebounds pretty well, but has trouble staying with his man on D. Player of the year? I really doubt it. My top 5 would be Milton, Caupain, Ben Moore, Purvis, or Adams. Josh Brown of Temple as a sleeper.

Reaction Score
AAC offseason storylines: UConn, Cincy are the clear front-runners and top-25 worthy

"UConn has had both Ryan Boatright and Sterling Gibbs as its primary facilitators the past two seasons, but neither of those players are the traditional type of point guard that Ollie craves to coach."

Disagree with this assessment of Boatright. Think he was unbelievable in Ollie's system. Boatright's senior year was something else and he was the perfect Robin to Batman in '14.
Boat was great but he wasn't a traditional PG, its just a fact. He isn't trying to take anything away from Boat in this, just saying his opinion.

Reaction Score
Boat was great but he wasn't a traditional PG, its just a fact. He isn't trying to take anything away from Boat in this, just saying his opinion.
Eh. I think he could've been that guy. He didn't have a 2nd go to guard in his senior year to complement him. It was the inconsistent Purvis in his sophomore year.

Reaction Score
It sounds encouraging that he considers Durham and Jackson both likely impact performers (alongside the obvious in Gilbert).

Given Durham's injuries and Jackson not having a great year last year, I would have considered both a question mark to make an impact in year 1.

Reaction Score
It sounds encouraging that he considers Durham and Jackson both likely impact performers (alongside the obvious in Gilbert).

Given Durham's injuries and Jackson not having a great year last year, I would have considered both a question mark to make an impact in year 1.

The research for Rothstein's post was undoubtedly looking at the top 100 list and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom