AAC — YUP! It's Lou Again | The Boneyard

AAC — YUP! It's Lou Again

Reaction Score
AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Katie Lou Samuelson • So. • G/F • UConn

Sophomore guard/forward Katie Lou Samuelson averaged 33.0 points on 66.7-percent shooting, including 57.9-percent from long-range, to go along with 4.0 steals per game during the top-ranked Huskies’ 2-0 week that included wins over Tulsa and Tulane. Samuelson started the week with a career-high 34 points on 13-of-18 shooting in the win over the Hurricane last Tuesday. She followed that performance with 32 points on 11-of-18 shooting in Sunday’s win over the Green Wave, who is receiving votes in the latest USA Today Coaches Poll.

Reaction Score
Lou fills the stat sheet in many ways. I thought it was interesting that Geno said the steals are something that he usually expects to see from Gabby (of course) and Kia... Not sure if he is aware that Lou has more steals than Kia. I think a lot of what she does gets lost like her passing, defense and rebounding from guard position (yes, I know she can still get better here : - )

I am excited to see Lou, Gabby, Nat and Saniya using these conference games to keep building on their skill set, confidence and really their identity in someways. Pheese and Kia are who they are for the most part (in a good way.) With Lou its not about all the points but more of building the killer instinct that she can not be stopped, which will help in big games like Maryland where things begin to stutter a little.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom