AAARGGH! Time for some Pirate ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

AAARGGH! Time for some Pirate ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. The ECU coach looks way too much like the sterotypical sleazy used car salesman. I wouldn't trust him. Wouldn't surprise me if there weren't instructions to play extra physical to try to generate a response that would get someone tossed .
  2. I don't care who you're playing against. You get off the airplane with seven players and one of those little 50 mile donut spare tires, to play in the other guys' gym in front of the other guys' fans, you'd better have seven good players and they'd better be hungry.
  3. Whaley with the hot start. It's what we've come to expect all of a sudden.
  4. Bouk at 13:15 in the 1st. That wasn't a shot. That was a magic trick.
  5. Unfortunately, the next minute and a half we were total garbage.
  6. After sitting a few minutes with his first foul, Whaley comes back in at 8:38. Scores on an offensive board at 8:31. The man knows his job.
  7. Whaley's assist to Adams at just under 7 was another damned magic trick.
  8. The travel call on Badams just under 4 in the half was almost as baffling as the foul on Whaley at 4:47.
  9. Announcer thought the pass to Bouk for the stuff with 2 minutes left in the half was a turnover when it left JG's hand. Gotta admit, so did I. Another piece of legerdemain by Mr. Bouknight. I think he reached into another dimension for the ball. Or at least into another time zone. Single handed it an drove it home back in the real world. Another season-highlight-film play for Bouk. If Andre Jackson wasn't watching, he'll see the highlight soon enough, and take that one as a challenge. We may see an in-game, season long game of HORSE between them next year.
  10. Apparently, the deposits from ECU and/or the ACC home office into the refs' accounts cleared at half-time. Yeah, I know they called as many on them as us. But when you're playing with seven, every foul call feels like two.
  11. The foul on Whaley at 13:15 in the 2nd, his hand was directly on top of the ball. Period.
  12. No Husky missed more than one FT.
  13. Bouk with a double-double. Watching it live, I would not have suspected that he outrebounded Vital.
  14. Absolutely shocked that between them, AG and JG had only 6 points, 5 dimes and 3 boards. To me, it felt like they both played pretty well. Gilbert played some great D. Gaffney's D is getting better, but it's still not good. Or even passable. Just glad that it was pretty late in the game that Newton discovered that he could get past JG at will.
  15. Once again, CV, JB and IW contended for POG. Vital's 3 point streak just shut them down in the 2nd half. Whaley dominated the interior and had what would have been the assist of the game were it not for JG's lob to Bouk. But between the double-double and the 3 highlight reel plays, it's Bouk's hands down.
  16. Excellent substitution strategy and execution on DH's part, and tremendous use of the clock to get into winning time by our guys.
  17. The last 8 games have been fun to watch, and have given us more highlight moments than the first 21 AND the last few years put together. The joy these guys all express in each other's great plays is contagious, and it's a testament to the culture the coach is building. It's exciting to be a Husky fan again. I'm actually getting enthused about the possibility of seeing #5 in my lifetime!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There were a couple confrontations in that game but there were not a lot of legitimate fouls. These refs seem to get so uncomfortable when a couple possessions go by without a whistle, that they just have to call something. The screening foul on Carlton was absolutely ridiculous. These refs should really all be replaced. They are horrible and they are going to love fouling us out in the aac tournament.

Reaction Score
The officiating across college basketball has been deteriorating for years. The officiating in the AAC is ridiculously bad. There are so many whistles. Very little flow to the games. What is weird to me is that ticky tac fouls tend to get called during the games, but then during end of game situations there are muggings that do not get called.

in past years I would not have worried as much about the short bench. This year, it will come back to get us at one point or another in the league tournament.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Point 13, I felt the same. Watching live I felt Vital definitely had more rebounds.

Reaction Score
Point 13, I felt the same. Watching live I felt Vital definitely had more rebounds.

bouk tipped a couple to Vital. Sometimes the person that tips a rebound to their teammate gets credit for the board. I’ve seen it done both ways and I guess it’s subjective.

Reaction Score
Hurley called 2 time outs perfectly to stop their runs at us when it got to 7 pts and 6 pts, and we turned them back each time, once with a called play with Bouknight taking it to the hoop.

I never thought I'd be saying that our short roster can walk onto the court, look the other team in the eye, and say "We got Whaley and you don't".

At the beginning of the season I was crossing my fingers that Whaley and Adams might have improved enough to give us some reliable minutes off the bench. Now 4 of our 5 early season starters are gone or role players and we are winning with a totally different lineup and style of play that relies on these guys. My bad again.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
As President of the Bouk Fan Club, I love point number 9.
The Bouk Club doesn’t take kindly to your false usurpation of official titles (I’m trying to contain my seven year old son DannyRI, barely able to hold him back - he has claimed title to Founder and President of the Bouk Club). We will out in force on Thursday in Section 220.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I would not have guessed Whaley averaging 1 assist per game over the past two games.

Reaction Score
Is it me or does it seem like the AAC teams are trying to beat up the Huskies(both men and women) as a farewell gift? It sure does seem like some pretty rough play in their games this year as compared to the last couple of seasons. Today was no exception. ECU knew UConn was shorthanded and it looked to me like they were trying to goad guys into a fight. On Senior Night vs UCF in the women's game Nelson-Ododa took a couple of shots to the face that looked way above and beyond sportsman-like conduct. Maybe it's just me but this season resembles the old rough and tumble Big East days more than any other season in the AAC.

Reaction Score
The Bouk Club doesn’t take kindly to your false usurpation of official titles (I’m trying to contain my seven year old son DannyRI, barely able to hold him back - he has claimed title to Founder and President of the Bouk Club). We will out in force on Thursday in Section 220.

Bouk Fan Club not Bouk Club. Sorry Charlie.

Reaction Score
Is it me or does it seem like the AAC teams are trying to beat up the Huskies(both men and women) as a farewell gift? It sure does seem like some pretty rough play in their games this year as compared to the last couple of seasons. Today was no exception. ECU knew UConn was shorthanded and it looked to me like they were trying to goad guys into a fight. On Senior Night vs UCF in the women's game Nelson-Ododa took a couple of shots to the face that looked way above and beyond sportsman-like conduct. Maybe it's just me but this season resembles the old rough and tumble Big East days more than any other season in the AAC.
I see teams coming at us honestly. Kids are coming at Bouk if you ask me. He don't take no crap and is balling and folks don't like it. I also think teams are seeing us improve and take it to 'em on the court and they don't like it. In addition to all this, we're saying sionara to them and rising as a program as we exit. I think it's part classlesness on the teams getting chippy with us and part we're on the up and up. We're entering a new chapter and seem like we're not stopping for anyone. If this is part of our growing pains, so be it. We just need to be better that that and stay calm. At least with the BE, it was hard fought and admirable they way teams played hard. It never felt cheap to me like it does now. I cannot vouch for the women's side of life, however.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom