A Whole lot of not Players Reaction | The Boneyard

A Whole lot of not Players Reaction

Reaction Score
That’s good news. Is he the most talented player on Hurley’s roster?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How many open scholarships do we have for next year if no one transfers? Just one since Akinjo decommitted?

Reaction Score
I would think DH will make a phone call/visit to Akinjo and kick the tires there. UConn treated him well through his release and it seemed clear from his family's statements that they maintained a good relationship with the school throughout. It's not at all unreasonable for a player to want to reopen his recruitment when a head coach leaves.

Reaction Score
So I guess the question is whether DH thinks we should go after Akinjo or one of his URI commits

Wont be surprised if we lose one or two of our current guys though. There will likely be room for a couple of Hurley's guys. I don't know any inside info, just that we haven't seen every current player give cryptic hints they're sticking around

Reaction Score
Honestly think we're only losing one, which would be a record for Ollie.
If it’s Carlton that’s a huge loss .
We already lost a desperately needed PG recruit .
One post grad. is fine but after that you become post grad U with these one and dones.
I don’t want to be rebuilding every year and that’s the downside of postgrads. That was Ollie undoing.

Reaction Score
PG is certainly still a need, so Akinjo may still be in play or Hurley may go after another PG. The question is how Hurley approaches the situation with the bigs. He has questionable talent/work-in-progress with all the bigs (Cobb, Whaley, Carlton, Williams, Diarra). Diarra likely won't transfer as he has already used an RS year. If Hurley's 4-star big shows UConn interest it is impossible to think that a spot will not be found. Whether that spot cost UConn a current player or a commit is the tough question. How does a Kisunas fit into Hurley's scheme?

1- PGs - Gilbert, Adams (Akinjo or other PG prospect)
2- SG - Vital, Adams, Wilson, Matthews
3- SF - Wilson, Matthews, Polley
4- PF - Diarra, Whaley, Williams
5- C - Carlton, Cobb, Kisunas

It is glaringly obvious that the talent level decreases sharply as you get into the 4s and 5s. Whether Adams stays is the huge variable in the ability of Hurley to win next year. That needs to be conversation #1 as Hurley takes the job. Where Hurley goes with late recruiting will depend on what Adams decides. If Adams stays I would expect at least one of the 6 PFs/Cs to be nudged out to allow Hurley to bring in one of his recruits. There are far too many ?? with the entire group of bigs.

Reaction Score
Any monster recruits we think Hurley will snag for upcoming class?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
PG is certainly still a need, so Akinjo may still be in play or Hurley may go after another PG. The question is how Hurley approaches the situation with the bigs. He has questionable talent/work-in-progress with all the bigs (Cobb, Whaley, Carlton, Williams, Diarra). Diarra likely won't transfer as he has already used an RS year. If Hurley's 4-star big shows UConn interest it is impossible to think that a spot will not be found. Whether that spot cost UConn a current player or a commit is the tough question. How does a Kisunas fit into Hurley's scheme?

It is glaringly obvious that the talent level decreases sharply as you get into the 4s and 5s. Whether Adams stays is the huge variable in the ability of Hurley to win next year. That needs to be conversation #1 as Hurley takes the job. Where Hurley goes with late recruiting will depend on what Adams decides. If Adams stays I would expect at least one of the 6 PFs/Cs to be nudged out to allow Hurley to bring in one of his recruits. There are far too many ?? with the entire group of bigs.
A guard is the most important thing right now

Reaction Score
Im interested to see if Eric Cobb will transfer or not. Before Ollie was canned, I was sure he was gonna transfer, maybe hell stay now that we have Hurley.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Center is the clear weak spot right now. PF is raw as an uncooked steak, but the upside is there. If they can stay out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I think Williams is gone, isn't he? Or at least implied he was leaving.

My guess is - we lose one or two.

And those spots need to be a talented big man and a PG.

Reaction Score
New coach, he will be shaping the roster to fit his style and system...and it is always easier for an incoming recruit to become a free agent again......

expect changes

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I have only heard that Carlton is leaving. That would leave two open scholarships. Hurley could also clear some roster space on his own if he needs to.

center is going to be a big need for the 2019 recruiting class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom