A (very) little bit about the next opponent | The Boneyard

A (very) little bit about the next opponent

Reaction Score
A few things I noticed about Nevada.
-- They are 2-2 and at the time of this writing, they are beating SMU,
-- Their biggest starter is 6-2. They have two non-starters who are 6-3.
-- One of their players has, IMHO., one of the all-time great names: Morningrose Tobey

Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I anticipate an early night for all of UConn's starters with the possible exception of Gabby. Geno will sub freely, not wanting to run the score up on a team that is basically doing UConn a favor. Still, it will be difficult to keep the MOV under 40 pts.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Former KLS teammate at Mater Dei, Emma Torbert, is a currently a senior at Mater Dei and will be attending Nevada next year. She played with KLS for 1 year at MD(KLS was senior and Emma a freshman). Emma also played with the same club organization as KLS. Cal Swish.
I guess you know someone who knows someone, etc.

Reaction Score
I anticipate an early night for all of UConn's starters with the possible exception of Gabby. Geno will sub freely, not wanting to run the score up on a team that is basically doing UConn a favor. Still, it will be difficult to keep the MOV under 40 pts.

Dunno. Geno also wants to put on a show - ie, show these folks what all the fuss is about.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few things I noticed about Nevada.
-- They are 2-2 and at the time of this writing, they are beating SMU,
-- Their biggest starter is 6-2. They have two non-starters who are 6-3.
-- One of their players has, IMHO., one of the all-time great names: Morningrose Tobey
Great name! A little info on Morningrose:

University of Nevada Athletics

Reaction Score
After reading about her, a very interesting story, my feeling, not my objective brain, is "come on guys, go easy on them" Such a nice young lady.

Reaction Score
It will be also the first time Uconn meets Nevada. It will become the 86th victories in a row when Uconn plays a new team for the first time.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow - if the only spectators they let in tomorrow night are Gabby’s family & local friends, there will still be a bigger crowd than for the SMU game

The very same thought popped into my head the second I hit play on the hi-lites. I truly hope, for the home team's sake as well as for Gabby, that the local ball fans come to see what's been called "the circus." The web site mentions the venue opening half an hour early so season ticket holders can get premium/preferred seating "because of the strong interest" in this game.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
There is a UTenn connection with Nevada. Long time UConn fans will remember Sybil Dosty who played for Pat Summitt for a couple of years. She's now an Ass't Coach at Nevada.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just another piece of Urban Legend. The quote was always attributed to Joe Friday (Jack Webb) but he never said it in an episode.
Correct, but it was said on multiple occasions by his partner, Officer Bill Gannon, played by Harry Morgan.

Reaction Score
Today’s San Diego Union Tribune sports section has the UCONN Women playing Utah tomorrow. What, is it a double-header?

Reaction Score
STOP!
After listening to the the patter during the M/S game...
Commentators should NOT be allowed to broadcast the official UConn game UNTIL they can PROPERLY PRONOUNCE the name of the State of NEVADA!!!!

Silver City Kid
UConn CLAS '69
Former Chief SCVFD... Nevada's Oldest Department [1863-Present]

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Correct, but it was said on multiple occasions by his partner, Officer Bill Gannon, played by Harry Morgan.

Nope - The line was always attributed to Webb. According to Snopes and a couple of other sources including WIKI it was never used in an episode. Google it.

Reaction Score
Yes, about all you can find is a roster and they are a short ball club. Many clubs labor in obscurity, yet love it for the great game it is. Grateful they took the game to give Gabby her Homecoming.

May you be blessed! Great words, good coach and damn nice school. To think of the rotten school or 3 that refused a home coming for their Local kid.
I hope NEVADA gets something out of this other than a beating---I'm grateful to them for doing this for OUR young nice lady...Thanks Rocky, wish I had said that--important for us to say.

Reaction Score
With 5 minutes left in the game, they are up 18. So they will be 3-2.

So, there's one more thing we know: they will wake up Wednesday morning with a record of 3-3.

Just another piece of Urban Legend. The quote was always attributed to Joe Friday (Jack Webb) but he never said it in an episode.
Not exactly NOSTRADAMUS with that prediction but I like it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom