A true African American Family--about Precious | The Boneyard

A true African American Family--about Precious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
i RELATED to the ---Daddy side of the family being loud, singing , dancing and over eating--my long gone French Canadian
relatives (all120 of them) were exactly that way---proves we are all more alike than different. As was my Irish side prompt and proper.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I don't think it is exaggeration to say that Geno recruits the player-families as much as the player. What a nice story.

The respect paid by the Colliers to their family history and its oral history are so very American and yet so very African.

I am glad she chose UConn.

Reaction Score
Wow, thanks for sharing!
Wow, thanks for sharing!

I had an inkling you'd enjoy this one---
It shows that family success doesn't always start on this side of the ocean.
Her family, and particularly her Dad, has lived an interesting life --so far--and PRECIOUS
will make it even more interesting.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Great read! But am I the only one who read the headline and thought it was an article about Nykesha Sales? #showingmyagehere

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I had an inkling you'd enjoy this one---
It shows that family success doesn't always start on this side of the ocean.
Her family, and particularly her Dad, has lived an interesting life --so far--and PRECIOUS
will make it even more interesting.
a inkling... really, why? Hopefully cause I think she's a precious gem. I can't wait for a story about KLS :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
a inkling... really, why? Hopefully cause I think she's a precious gem. I can't wait for a story about KLS :rolleyes:
---

The whole story of her Grand dad, coming to the US /NJ--Meeting JFK--
I'f I'm wrong--My judgement is failing. KLS has had upteen and more stories on her--her mom, her Dad, her sisters, getting to Uconn
Precious has had precious few. I'm sure you think Napheesa is more than precious--she is irreplaceable.
Then there is the back story untold---the risk of death in the home land.
-

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I enjoyed Gabby's prayer during anthem story more cause it was more about her especially after following her on Twitter in August/September

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
One of the sweetest pleasures of being a UConn fan is the opportunity to get to know these wonderful kids a little more. For many like me, it's "distance learning." For the luckier crowd, it's a chance to meet our players in person at an autograph session, or in the hallways after a practice, etc. I envy that latter segment of fans.

That we are interested in our athletes merely reflects the fact that the majority of fans think the Huskies are worth the time and attention, as to me they obviously are.

Stories of character, effort, energy, service, selflessness, loyalty, and skill never grow old; they never stop inviting and deserving our attention.

Reaction Score
Great read..There's Gampels world and there's Napheesas world!
Thats the part that caught my eye....the Pheesa world , IMO, is Einsteinian on the basketball court....have never seen a WCBB player fill up the stat sheet with such little effort and being in the right place seemingly all the time
ps..loved that Gamal was a rugby player....given the size of his legs and shoulder width he must have been a load to tackle...ouch!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
No, no, no! You mean to say, "so little APPARENT effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom