a trend. does it mean anything? | The Boneyard

a trend. does it mean anything?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
idk. still true, tho.
after the first handful of games, too soon to mean anything, i noticed that opposing teams consistently did better in the second half.
after nine games, the stats:
we outscore by a total of 140 points in the first,
and by 78 in the second. yesterday, Oklahoma State won the second by seven.
the operative word here is outscore overall in each, so that's all that really matters.
at this stage of the season, obviously the wise opposing coach should make keeping it close going into halftime priority one, with any other thought for gameplans secondary.

https://bigeastconf_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/sports/m-baskbl/2022-2023/uconn.htm

watching closely, im not sure why that is. thoughts?
does it mean anything? idk. still true, tho.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, every game has been a double digit victory. That being the case, it's likely that UConn took its foot off the gas a little bit in some of the second halves. If that makes for fresher players down the stretch, I'm all for it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think there are probably a number of reasons. A couple:

(1) Our opponents "benefit" from being able to identify numerous major problems regarding which they can make adjustments during the half. When you're up, there are fewer things to fix.
(2) UConn runs clock and takes the air out of the ball in the latter part of the second half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom