A tournament unlike any other | The Boneyard

A tournament unlike any other

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
We saw an early example of the issues that could rise up from the MVC tournament. Two teams had Tier 1 positive tests prior to the semis and Missouri State withdrew from their semi because they presumably qualify for an 'At large' bid and did not want to chance exposure to their semifinal opponent who had reported one of the Tier 1 positives. This means that the MVC will send two teams to the NCAAs - their champion and Missouri State (knocking out a bubble team.)

In the NCAA tournament teams will go ahead and play regardless of covid positive tests from opponents travel party and it could backfire if after the game one of the losing team's players tests positive - the contact tracing would then include the whole winning team's roster.

Reaction Score
“We decided if they had five players eligible and healthy, they could play,” sez the NCAA. OK. So let's make the highly unlikely assumption that UConn, because of the virus, only has 5 players healthy. Given the power to choose who those healthy (therefore eligible) players would be, which 5 Huskies could play and still be competitive? In other words, which women are indispensable to our team?
I acknowledge that this is a silly What-If, but, hey the days grow long w/out something to tussle about. I choose Liv, Paige, Christyn, Aaliyah, and Evina. Wanna fight?

Reaction Score
“We decided if they had five players eligible and healthy, they could play,” sez the NCAA. OK. So let's make the highly unlikely assumption that UConn, because of the virus, only has 5 players healthy. Given the power to choose who those healthy (therefore eligible) players would be, which 5 Huskies could play and still be competitive? In other words, which women are indispensable to our team?
I acknowledge that this is a silly What-If, but, hey the days grow long w/out something to tussle about. I choose Liv, Paige, Christyn, Aaliyah, and Evina. Wanna fight?
Swap Evina for Nika. Evina is a nice to have but she plays a small 4 which is fine in the Big East but going to be tough in the NCAAs. Plus Nika is our starting point guard.

Reaction Score
Wonder if any team will hang a banner - if they earned a trip to the Final Four - but then had to forfeit because only 4 players tested negative.

;)
:p
:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104