A tiny, perhaps revealing moment | The Boneyard

A tiny, perhaps revealing moment

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
During the player interviews in the locker room, one special moment...perhaps w/o meaning, but possibly something real.

Before that, I loved Saniya's interview, not so much by what she said (all the right things) but her expressions and the trace of inner bewilderment...like: do I really belong here? A wonderfully modest kid, who has really stepped up big time...became totally reliable on D. No more from Geno as to whether it's just a temporary phase and soon Saniya will revert.Especially with her focus on D and taking care of the ball, she's become a trusted component
and will be missed next season (who could have thought that)?

Later. Gabby is fielding questions from the very middle of the back wall (position of honor?) and sounding very much like the queen of the ball, when a loud outburst almost makes it difficult to hear and continue and she yells out (modestly) Z, Z, and the makes a hand gesture (akin to a conductor) to get her to quiet down and almost (or does say); shut-up.

Made me think of Geno's (repeated?) refrain that Azura would be the best player on the team if she were eligible.
And here she is in the locker room (off-camera of course) but clearly the loudest.

A true competitor, absolutely straining at the bit to get out there?
The Queen B controlling her hive?
Geno pushing buttons with his present roster to sharpen their competitiveness.

All of the above?

Or more likely, very little of any of the above, just a figment of my virile imagination. :)

Reaction Score
Maybe you should keep your "virile imagination" out of the women's locker room! ;)

Reaction Score
During the player interviews in the locker room, one special moment...perhaps w/o meaning, but possibly something real.

Before that, I loved Saniya's interview, not so much by what she said (all the right things) but her expressions and the trace of inner bewilderment...like: do I really belong here? A wonderfully modest kid, who has really stepped up big time...became totally reliable on D. No more from Geno as to whether it's just a temporary phase and soon Saniya will revert.Especially with her focus on D and taking care of the ball, she's become a trusted component
and will be missed next season (who could have thought that)?

Later. Gabby is fielding questions from the very middle of the back wall (position of honor?) and sounding very much like the queen of the ball, when a loud outburst almost makes it difficult to hear and continue and she yells out (modestly) Z, Z, and the makes a hand gesture (akin to a conductor) to get her to quiet down and almost (or does say); shut-up.

Made me think of Geno's (repeated?) refrain that Azura would be the best player on the team if she were eligible.
And here she is in the locker room (off-camera of course) but clearly the loudest.

A true competitor, absolutely straining at the bit to get out there?
The Queen B controlling her hive?
Geno pushing buttons with his present roster to sharpen their competitiveness.

All of the above?

Or more likely, very little of any of the above, just a figment of my virile imagination. :)

Very nice--thanks. Saniya, has rode the planks with praise and damnation by Geno (we can't trust her) This is, unless she goes to Europe, her last rodeo and she is making the most of it. The shame is: What Saniya is now she could have been before---I won't go into who, what, when but the shame is she didn't bask in this glory last year and the whole of this year
Your--we shall miss her next year--is right up there with Geno;s comment the year after Maria Conlon graduated: Who would have thought we'd miss Maria~ that too was a shame Geno didn't fully realize how good Maria was until she was gone. I hope Saniya hears words of high praise before she takes off her UC uniform for good. She certainly has earned it--and being a tough kid
she sucked up 3 years--without thoughts of leaving--that takes a strong ego.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should keep your "virile imagination" out of the women's locker room! ;)
there is virile and there is VIRILE---this virile works, even in the WOMEN's Locker room. In case you think me dense (or denser than normal)---I got the joke.

Reaction Score
I think chong has played her way into the wnba IMO. Uconn players seem to have an easier transition into the next level due to the coaches and im sure geno will help her tremendously with the process.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
These young people are just delightful. Thoughtful, cheerful, and so very smart. They set a benchmark in more than basketball.

But their basketball isn't too shabby either.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Having watched this earlier I was struck by the maturity and patience (or discipline, or fear of CD) which keeps these team mates from going nutty in that chaos of cameras and mind numbingly repetitive questions and just the pure racket of it all. The best moment was in the presser when Lou decided to tell the truth! ;) It will start with this cute moment.

Liked Kia's "I'm glad I'm on her side of the ball, I'll tell you that."

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
wonderful to see the other side of Saniya, so joyous--who always seems so serious and stressed on the court: thanks!

On top of the aspects that other folks have noted - finally achieving a prominent role as a senior, battling through injury, perhaps being a serious or shy person by nature - if I recall correctly, she is the first person in her family to attend college, and she lost a brother. These, too, are the sorts of things that will, perhaps, make for a more serious approach than your typical college kid - and, may not lead you to be easily comfortable on camera or in the spotlight.

Reaction Score
When I watch these young women I think of how proud their parents, coaches, friends, and relatives must be...especially the parents of course. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom