a thought about the great game | The Boneyard

a thought about the great game

Reaction Score
I may be way off base, but does anyone else think that maybe the Diallo thing was messing with the team's head(s)?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I mentioned that during the game in the chatroom
I was thinking that some were maybe thinking whose time was going to be cut if Ham came to play 2nd semester
Now that this was behind them some, RP and VJ in particular, looked more confident
Maybe

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I don't know that playing time was the concern, but who knows. I would guess that the Diallo recruitment created some distraction that was not helpful. A couple of made 3's early in a game can create some positive momentum that can become contagious. Rodney's confidence or lack thereof does seem to be contagious on this team.

Reaction Score
My thought was that maybe they're fired up to play harder after Hami decided the Huskies weren't good enough for him and spurned his good friends for Kentucky? They must have pride. That little slap in the face and taste of reality may have woke them up a bit.

pj

Reaction Score
My thought was that maybe they're fired up to play harder after Hami decided the Huskies weren't good enough for him and spurned his good friends for Kentucky? They must have pride. That little slap in the face and taste of reality may have woke them up a bit.

I think this is more likely. They are competitors and wanted to prove that they didn't need Hami.

Possibly Rodney and Vance were the most fired up, because the idea that Hami would save the team could be interpreted as the idea that taking minutes away from Rodney and Vance would save the team.

Reaction Score
I don't believe that Diallo was a distraction at all. They made some shots, played great d and faced an uninspired UCF team.

Reaction Score
welp all of that kind of goes with the idea that Hami had something to do with their mindset(s). Glad all of that distraction is GONE! Welcome NEW HUSKIES!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think it was the law of averages. You can only miss so many open shots until a few start going in. Let's hope it keeps trending in the right direction.

Reaction Score
I think they played with a little chip on their shoulder, because the recruitment was so public. But I think the biggest factor is they made shots they've been missing

Reaction Score
I think UCF is literally a terrible team, as are most AAC schools, and that no matter what with the injuries, Diallo etc. we should be beating most of these teams on a weekly basis. Our kids are better than there kids. There is ZERO and I repeat...ZERO reason why we shouldn't win the conference IN HARTFORD this year for a bid. Anyone who feels that we are not up to snuff with some of the AAC schools are just fooling themselves. We are. It's ridiculous to think not.

Reaction Score
I think UCF is literally a terrible team, as are most AAC schools, and that no matter what with the injuries, Diallo etc. we should be beating most of these teams on a weekly basis. Our kids are better than there kids. There is ZERO and I repeat...ZERO reason why we shouldn't win the conference IN HARTFORD this year for a bid. Anyone who feels that we are not up to snuff with some of the AAC schools are just fooling themselves. We are. It's ridiculous to think not.
UCF is not a terrible team this year. That's a lazy take

Reaction Score
Records aren't everything, but they mean something!

C

chiller99.5

Even though a lot of the AAC is subpar in basketball in comparison with our usually level of excellence the amount of hatred for anything UCONN isnt. We are the team they love to hate, the team that has acheived excellence and on most AAC messages boards they celebrate this off season. This makes me even more grateful for being newbie here and not having to hurl taunts rather than discuss.It really makes their whole season to beat the Huskies.

Reaction Score
We "should" beat the team that was picked number one over us before we lost three players?

UCF? Was not picked to finish over us......

Look all I'm trying to say here is that I hold this program to a higher standard then these schools in the AAC. Anyone who wants to demote us to mid major, which all of these schools save Cincy and Memphis are, well okay then. You consider UConn a mid major now. Which we may be, but again, after years and years of growing up around Big East domination, and 4 national titles later, I still like to hold my nose up at teams like UCF. We recruit better, we have more money, we have a better history, we have better players. Anyone who doesn't think that, well again, I guess you consider us a mid major now if your really trying to argue who the better team/coach/program is....UConn or UCF.

Reaction Score
UCF? Was not picked to finish over us.

Look all I'm trying to say here is that I hold this program to a higher standard then these schools in the AAC. Anyone who wants to demote us to mid major, which all of these schools save Cincy and Memphis are, well okay then. You consider UConn a mid major now. Which we may be, but again, after years and years of growing up around Big East domination, and 4 national titles later, I still like to hold my nose up at teams like UCF. We recruit better, we have more money, we have a better history, we have better players. Anyone who doesn't think that, well again, I guess you consider us a mid major now if your really trying to argue who the better team/coach/program is....UConn or UCF.
Nobodies arguing that. We're responding to your claim UCF is a terrible team. Stop deflecting....lol

Reaction Score

Well-reasoned posts as always.

Reaction Score
Nobodies arguing that. We're responding to your claim UCF is a terrible team. Stop deflecting....lol

UCF will not make the tournament this year. They are not good in the standards I hold the UConn basketball program to. There OOC schedule is embarrassing. There in conference schedules sucks. What else do you want me to say??? They are not a good team. They will not make the tourney. They just got blown out to a UConn team that is the worst they've been in over 20 years. They are not a good team. Congrats on the wins against Nicholls College (is that a community college?), Seattle (Seattle has there own University?), Stetson (are they even D1?) and good loss against duck***g Penn. They are not a good basketball team.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

That would be Cinci. You said "there is ZERO, I repeat ZERO reason " we shouldn't win the tournament.
Your bluster is commendable.

Reaction Score
UCF will not make the tournament this year. They are not good in the standards I hold the UConn basketball program to. There OOC schedule is embarrassing. There in conference schedules sucks. What else do you want me to say??? They are not a good team. They will not make the tourney. They just got blown out to a UConn team that is the worst they've been in over 20 years. They are not a good team. Congrats on the wins against Nicholls College (is that a community college?), Seattle (Seattle has there own University?), Stetson (are they even D1?) and good loss against duck***g Penn. They are not a good basketball team.
12-3 with a competitive game against a top 5 team in the country(Nova), and a top rated def quantifies you as not being a terrible team. You can change your argument all you want. UCF isn't a terrible team lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom