A Texas Massacre | The Boneyard

A Texas Massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Permit me to vent for a moment. Love Ollie, but I have no clue why Shabazz, is only a distributor in the first half of Houston & SMU. I don't have or need a box score to know, those are the two worst scoring halves of his career, in back/back games. Why aren't the best shooters taking the lions share of shots on this team?

There were more feeds, to Brimah that resulted in bobbles, turnovers, or 1 pt off free throws, than Bazz or Giffey mid range looks. Why??

BC was close game and they stink. Indy was close and now their two stars won't be in the tourney this year. MD was hurt and aren't winning. We lucked out vs FL. For a while, it was gritty, clutch winning time. Experience.

Then came Stanford's 2nd half, and all the doubt. How could that happen? Where did all the fire power go? Now it seems like Fools Gold.

0-2, in what everyone labels a crap league. Wow. I guess Memphis dominating ConfUSA all those years wasn't as easy as it looked. Tough stretch coming up will decide if this season has gone from bad to horrific.

Do you see it any different? Depressing turn of events. Teams are scoring on us at will. We score less. Period.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am confused by comments that somehow UConn playing terribly somehow makes Memphis teams from the past better.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Permit me to vent for a moment. Love Ollie, but I have no clue why Shabazz, is only a distributor in the first half of Houston & SMU. I don't have or need a box score to know, those are the two worst scoring halves of his career, in back/back games. Why aren't the best shooters taking the lions share of shots on this team?
Funny you mention that, as it seems half the forum thinks Bazz is selfish.

I obviously agree with you to a degree and think our star player should be taking shots and setting the tone. I wonder if KO is saving Bazz's legs for the second half if we need it since, on paper, we do have options to whom Bazz can distribute for the first half. But then when things don't work out in the first half, you see Bazz and Boat go in to panic mode and try to do everything; off-ball movement breaks down. You could see it the whole last 8 minutes at least.

Reaction Score
The longer I watched SN pass to guys who can't catch, dribble or finish the more I wondered what is up with the Coaching staff. Then there was the lack of any movement that led to open shots. When you add in our inability to stop opposing bigs from scoring or getting offensive rebounds we are in big trouble. SMU team removed SN as a factor shooting wise and we did nothing about it.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I am confused by comments that somehow UConn playing terribly somehow makes Memphis teams from the past better.

I've read in past years, all the posts, that Memphis once dominated league play only because they had an inferior league. What's our excuse. We didn't play Louisville twice.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I've been wondering what was up with "Bazz too. Could he be injured, sick, heart broken? pissed? He is the only truly special player on our team and he hid for the first half of both games. I can't imagine it was a coaching decision.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've read in past years, all the posts, that Memphis once dominated league play only because they had an inferior league. What's our excuse. We didn't play Louisville twice.

Well they had a pretty good team and the league was awful. This SMU team is better than anything CUSA put together over some of those seasons.

There isn't an excuse just an overrated team in a bad stretch.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
There needs to a balance. Bazz can't do it all by himself. A one-man team would never be successful. It is clear that he's trying to get other players involved early on in the game. However, there needs to be balance to that. Can't be only pass and create in the first half and only score in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom