OT: - A Softball Trivia Question | The Boneyard

OT: A Softball Trivia Question

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Who is the only woman to have won two junior college softball championships, then upon transferring to a Division I program, won two more national softball championships? Good luck!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought the title meant the question would be easy. The only two softball players I know are Jennie Finch and Joan Joyce.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I thought the title meant the question would be easy. The only two softball players I know are Jennie Finch and Joan Joyce.
I grew up in Stratford, CT watching Joan Joyce and the Raybestos Brakettes win multiple world championships. Joyce was one of 3 virtually unhitable pitchers on the Brakettes along with Bertha Tickey and Donna Lopiano. It was quite a show.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Wow. There are a couple of Arizona softball fans around the BY. I'm a tad surprised that no one rang the bell.

Chelsie Mesa was an infielder who played for Phoenix College, which is a two-year school. She won every award it seems in 2004 and 2005 while leading her team to two NJCAA championships. She became a prized recruit, and decided on Mike Candrea's program at Arizona. The Wildcats then won two more NCAA titles, behind the pitching of Alicia Holowell in 2006 and Taryne Mowatt in 2007. In '07, it was Mesa who hit the home run versus Tennessee's Monica Abbott that clinched the trophy.

Reaction Score
Didn't have time to research your question................my collegiate softball knowledge is somewhat limited as I didn't pay much attention until my daughter started playing in middle/high school............one of her team mates was a high school All-American last season and will be playing at UCLA next year...........what's doubly impressive is that she's from New Jersey............not usually the first place the big schools look for their players

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Wow. There are a couple of Arizona softball fans around the BY. I'm a tad surprised that no one rang the bell.

Chelsie Mesa was an infielder who played for Phoenix College, which is a two-year school. She won every award it seems in 2004 and 2005 while leading her team to two NJCAA championships. She became a prized recruit, and decided on Mike Candrea's program at Arizona. The Wildcats then won two more NCAA titles, behind the pitching of Alicia Holowell in 2006 and Taryne Mowatt in 2007. In '07, it was Mesa who hit the home run versus Tennessee's Monica Abbott that clinched the trophy.
Sorry. We moved here in 2011. While we always "liked" Arizona from NJ over the years, there certainly weren't the options to follow them like you could today. And I am, in general, terrible on names. Holowell served as a pitching coach a few years back and was well liked, I think, but there were some politics at work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom