A Smart Lass In An Excellent Q & A | The Boneyard

A Smart Lass In An Excellent Q & A

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
RLD-Sue-Bird-GQ-2018-053018.jpg

"Have you noticed a shift in the way players are now? Do they take care of their bodies earlier?

A 21-year-old is still a 21-year-old. They’re still young. Whatever affects them at that age is not going to be as impactful as it would be at 37. I still think that when people come out of college, they’re not thinking about taking care of their bodies, but the conversation is starting to gain more headway. You see all the conversations about LeBron James and how he takes care of himself—on our side, the league's older players are myself, Diana Taurasi, and Rebekkah Brunson, and a lot of the storylines behind us today are about how we changed our diets and workout regimens.

By year two and three—that’s when it starts to click. Breanna Stewart is a great example. I talked to her during her rookie year about changing her diet. She talked to someone, but I don’t know if she truly made a change. Now, in year three, I don't have to go to her. She’s proactively asking questions, and working with a sports performance coach. It’s happening earlier for players because there is more information available."

The Real-Life Diet of Sue Bird, Basketball Legend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom