OT: - A short rant about viewing and multi-viewing | The Boneyard

OT: A short rant about viewing and multi-viewing

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
This is driven by the complaint in a thread below about ESPN conducting interviews during game action and doing "split-screen" stuff, but my complaint is more general:

- Not everyone here may agree with me, but, in general, I like to read my news (sports and otherwise). A supplemental video (especially relating to sports and things like weather) is nice - but why, oh why, do on-line news and sports pages believe that I want the "news" via video? Often, when confronted with a video and no story, I'll skip the video and google the topic in search of the info.

- So, my great-nephew was here for a week, 13 heading into 8th grade. It must be a millennial thing, but with few exceptions he (binge) watched an old TV series on his phone for the entire week. Headphones on, covering one ear, so he could converse, watch programs he wanted to watch on real TV (while watching the phone at the same time), even eating meals. How do they do it????

- And finally, to the ESPN comments - against the back-drop of my first 2 points, is it any wonder that they want to "cram" whatever they can in simultaneously?

I'm only 60 and feel like "media" has passed me by. Yeah, I read the BY, some other message boards, Facebook, certainly spend more time on my phone and surfing than I would have ever predicted - but, so help me, I just refuse to be consumed by it.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
- Not everyone here may agree with me, but, in general, I like to read my news (sports and otherwise). A supplemental video (especially relating to sports and things like weather) is nice - but why, oh why, do on-line news and sports pages believe that I want the "news" via video? Often, when confronted with a video and no story, I'll skip the video and google the topic in search of the info.

I guess I'm not the only one who feels that way. I hate clicking on a story on a newspaper site and getting a video. I can understand ESPN or the local news station doing that, but there's a reason I'm on the Washington Post site rather than ESPN.

Reaction Score
This is driven by the complaint in a thread below about ESPN conducting interviews during game action and doing "split-screen" stuff, but my complaint is more general:

- So, my great-nephew was here for a week, 13 heading into 8th grade. It must be a millennial thing, but with few exceptions he (binge) watched an old TV series on his phone for the entire week. Headphones on, covering one ear, so he could converse, watch programs he wanted to watch on real TV (while watching the phone at the same time), even eating meals. How do they do it????

- And finally, to the ESPN comments - against the back-drop of my first 2 points, is it any wonder that they want to "cram" whatever they can in simultaneously?

I'm only 60 and feel like "media" has passed me by. Yeah, I read the BY, some other message boards, Facebook, certainly spend more time on my phone and surfing than I would have ever predicted - but, so help me, I just refuse to be consumed by it.
H

For a complainer you do a poor job of complaining!!
What your family have developed in the 13 year old---has many names---a least often used term today --he is a \multi-tasker!! The world needs more of these--people who do one boring thing slowly when they could do two equally boring things together--apparently this lad has master the art.

As a perfected complainer--during the games--forgive me, I like to hear about the action on the floor--specifically who got the foul, how many is that, I could care less (and I do) that some football player from East Jumu HSs Sister was dating the cousin of a duke player while Uconn is playing Stanfords most likely after the game they broke up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom