A Secret Empire Basketball Podcast | The Boneyard

A Secret Empire Basketball Podcast

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Hi everyone. Thanks for all the downloads with our recent UConn work.

Where did the Whalers go? What happened to the Seattle SuperSonics? Cities lose teams.

Author, Jon Finkel, uncovers how a stolen team’s legacy gave rise to the NBA’s secret empire. Hoops Heist. Seattle. The Sonics. Plus, who are the top 10 greatest basketball players of all time on this weeks Sliders & Curveballs Podcast.

C58B7DC7-F560-49FD-8EE7-BF3808296A28.jpeg

GemParty

Reaction Score
Thanks! It’s been a fun hobby. My sons learning lots in addition to gaining confidence in public speaking, editing, and computers.

This was a fun one because Jon is good friends with Mirin Fader who we recently did the Greek Freak -MVP podcast about.

Thanks for listening!

6D5F4E7A-B40F-4EB8-AFF8-7A4C6809FED1.jpeg

Reaction Score
Hi everyone. Thanks for all the downloads with our recent UConn work.

Where did the Whalers go? What happened to the Seattle SuperSonics? Cities lose teams.

Author, Jon Finkel, uncovers how a stolen team’s legacy gave rise to the NBA’s secret empire. Hoops Heist. Seattle. The Sonics. Plus, who are the top 10 greatest basketball players of all time on this weeks Sliders & Curveballs Podcast.

View attachment 69411

Whalers went to North Carolina and became the Hurrcanes, Supersonics went to Oklahoma City and became the Thunder.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Let us know what you think!

Pacific NW ballers
East coast vs West Huskies
Top 10 NBA greatest players
Beat your Dad at hoops
Avoiding shark attacks

GemParty

Reaction Score
Whalers went to North Carolina and became the Hurrcanes, Supersonics went to Oklahoma City and became the Thunder.
Always hurts to lose a team. Even more, when you have no NFL, MLB, or NHL in your zip code.

Reaction Score
Let us know what you think!
Top 10 NBA greatest players
MJ-Kobe 1-2 and that can't really be debated. After that, it gets a little more subjective and ordering might change quite a bit but for sure I really think you have to have Shaq (so dominant), Wilt, Kareem, Bird, and Magic in that Top 10. Probably Russell too because of his 11 championships.

GemParty

Reaction Score
MJ-Kobe 1-2 and that can't really be debated. After that, it gets a little more subjective and ordering might change quite a bit but for sure I really think you have to have Shaq (so dominant), Wilt, Kareem, Bird, and Magic in that Top 10. Probably Russell too because of his 11 championships.
I’m surprised how much opinions vary on Russell & Kobe as far as # on the list.

Listen in. Who do you agree with Me, Joseph, or Jon Finkel.

Honestly, Shaq even slipped my mind. He’s gotta be 7-15 range. Yes?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Where do you rank Duncan, KD, and Curry currently?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom