A salute to the Women | The Boneyard

A salute to the Women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Win or lose tonight, in down seasons for the men (and in up seasons too) the women are always there to represent our school. I don't care if women's basketball "matters". UConn is in a national championship game on prime-time ESPN.

And that's awesome.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Win or lose tonight, in down seasons for the men (and in up seasons too) the women are always there to represent our school. I don't care if women's basketball "matters". UConn is in a national championship game on prime-time ESPN.

And that's awesome.

I suspect that a small minority of guys on this board harbor some resentment towards the women's team, but I really do think it's only a small minority that doesn't root for the women to dominate WCBB. I for one enjoy the fact that I can watch one WCBB game a year, and in that game, UConn wins a championship. (Knock on wood for tonight.)

Reaction Score
I suspect that a small minority of guys on this board harbor some resentment towards the women's team, but I really do think it's only a small minority that doesn't root for the women to dominate WCBB. I for one enjoy the fact that I can watch one WCBB game a year, and in that game, UConn wins a championship. (Knock on wood for tonight.)
I'll watch it whenever I'm flipping through channels and I see it's on. It's refreshing to see ESPN personalities fawn over UConn like they do over Duke and Kentucky on the men's side.

And the vast majority of the time we win by 40 points, so it's just feel-good tv overall.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Breana Stewart can play.

She also has ridiculously huge feet.

She sure can. But since I turned it on at he start of the second half she's been getting schooled by a freshman. Never seen her play this bad before.

Jefferson has been our best player by far. She's unstoppable.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Kia Nurse is really channeling Championship Game-Sam Dekker

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm enjoying this game and I don't care who knows it.

CTMike before the game:

85.jpg

CTMike during the game:

upload_2015-4-7_22-24-18.png

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Hey Emmert- put us in the Power 5 you bum

Reaction Score
Geno deserves credit but talent wins out in the end. For both men and women this year. Could be wrong but I don't think women's hoop is going to sway anyone on CR.

Reaction Score
Geno deserves credit but talent wins out in the end. For both men and women this year. Could be wrong but I don't think women's hoop is going to sway anyone on CR.
When women are at least half of humanity's population, it is HUGE in perception.

Reaction Score
In and of itself no, it won't.

But it sure won't hurt either.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It is a small plus. Money & viewers count. But a much smaller plus than MCBB.

Reaction Score
I noticed Emmert didn't have anything to say at the trophy presentation. He didn't say a lot last night when he was on the podium with Duke, but he did say a few words before turning it over to the tournament director.

Also, he's starting to look like this guy from the Thunderbirds:

0.jpg

Reaction Score
Does Jim Delany have a twitter account? If so he needs to get trolled..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I noticed Emmert didn't have anything to say at the trophy presentation. He didn't say a lot last night when he was on the podium with Duke, but he did say a few words before turning it over to the tournament director.

Also, he's starting to look like this guy from the Thunderbirds:

0.jpg
Geno won't shake the guys hand or even look at him. Another reason to respect Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom