A Salute To Pat Summitt... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Salute To Pat Summitt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It's a sad day for women's basketball to consider we may have just watched the last game of a living legend.

It's also a shame things devolved to the extent they did between the UConn & Tenn programs. No one was well served - not the universities or the sport. But tonight and at long last, all is forgotten and forgiven. To quote Gandhi..."It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business".

Coach Summitt is a treasure of the game, will never be forgotten and this humble UConn fan thanks her for being a great and formidable adversary. She made my Huskies even better than we knew we could by the challenge she presented.

God bless.

+1 very well said. Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It was my immediate reaction, the very minute I heard the sad news about her condition, "Oh, that explains a whole lot of stuff that happened."

This was my thinking as well

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
That is certainly likely. Do you want to say who you think those "people close to her" were?

I agree with Nan, this is a nice thread, let's leave it that way. My intent was to be supportive of Pat, let's leave the discussion of others to another place and time.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The career of one of the greatest coaches ever. She elevated the sport of WCBB. And built a dynasty in Tennessee. As Kara Lawson said it more than the numbers. When you talk about her career. It also her influence on the game and her players. I think she will be back. Waiting for something official.

Reaction Score
"To err is human to forgive divine" New alliances are being formed and the game has moved on. I'm grateful for all the competitive games played between the schools. It really made for great basketball and great entertainment. I'm so grateful that we still have Geno and excited about the team's future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be so quick to say that the actions that so many on this board are critical of were caused by her disease, but even if you think that's true you have to wonder why others didn't ask her to rethink her actions. Regardless, there's no point in going over what happened again. I wish Pat Summitt the best in dealing her with her disease. Watching her on the sidelines was sad this year.

Reaction Score
Godspeed Pat Summit - whether this is final year, or you are back next year, thank you for all you have done for, and are doing for WCBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom