A salute to Joe D and his UConn work | The Boneyard

A salute to Joe D and his UConn work

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Our family podcast, Sliders & Curveballs, had the pleasure of speaking to Joe D this past Summer. We took a long ride down memory lane together, and he was the perfect guest to introduce my son to UConn’s championship history. Excited to see what’s next for Joe. He’s wrapping up his time with WTIC, this week.

Full pod here-

Reaction Score
Our family podcast, Sliders & Curveballs, had the pleasure of speaking to Joe D this past Summer. We took a long ride down memory lane together, and he was the perfect guest to introduce my son to UConn’s championship history. Excited to see what’s next for Joe. He’s wrapping up his time with WTIC, this week.

Full pod here-

Good luck and G-d speed to Joe D. Saw him a few times last season at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
Personally, I always thought he was a pompous windbag who confused the Huskies' success with his own. I won't miss him one bit.

Obnoxious, self absorbed, incessant name dropper that enjoyed calling out Wayne Norman for any slight misstatement during a broadcast (Wayne was too much of a gentleman to return the slights, which he could have done on numerous occasions).

Reaction Score
Obnoxious, self absorbed, incessant name dropper that enjoyed calling out Wayne Norman for any slight misstatement during a broadcast (Wayne was too much of a gentleman to return the slights, which he could have done on numerous occasions).
I guess we all know now what the D stands for.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Our focus was on the memories of title games. It was fun to hear the back stories to those special seasons.

Reaction Score
Joe D threads on the-boneyard have been some of the most bizzarre threads I have ever seen. I always liked Joe, his voice is synonymous with UConn basketball and its success during the Jim Calhoun era. He would still be doing the games today if it wasn’t for WTIC not letting him out of his contract. Now that Joe D split with WTIC, maybe he will be doing UConn games again in the near future???

Reaction Score
Joe D threads on the-boneyard have been some of the most bizzarre threads I have ever seen. I always liked Joe, his voice is synonymous with UConn basketball and its success during the Jim Calhoun era. He would still be doing the games today if it wasn’t for WTIC not letting him out of his contract. Now that Joe D split with WTIC, maybe he will be doing UConn games again in the near future???
I hope so!

GemParty

Reaction Score
I agree.

Reaction Score
No thank you

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Now that Joe D split with WTIC, maybe he will be doing UConn games again in the near future???
We all know that Joe has no qualms about going after someone else's job.

Reaction Score
As a kid in 90's I was often only allowed to stay up to watch the first half of games. Always listened to the second half on my Sony Walkman™. Thought he did a damn fine job of bringing those games to life for me. Thanks Joe.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Honestly, my left nut could have been the voice of the Huskies given how wildly successful they were when he was doing radio. He wasn’t very good but he was ours.

Reaction Score
Cudos for leaving WTIC and the DUMPSTER FIRE that station has become.
I always found Joe to be easily accessable and friendly both on and off the air.
Remember talking to him in Arizona when KW was MVP.
Listen to games with Crispino and Wayne and mute the TV now. They are doing a good job but our history is with J D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom