A Request Regarding Posting | The Boneyard

A Request Regarding Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
When the post about the "Column" that "dislikes" Geno came up, the phrasing made me think it was an article written by a reporter. Once I clicked on the thread the URL gave away that it was a blog rather than an article, but I still had no idea what kind of a blog. Then I find out it's by a Tennessee fan.

Well, duh! Had I known this I never would have clicked through. Reading it does me no good in the first place (though it does seem some fans revel in getting upset about what other fans think); while it does some good for the blogger. The more a sight gets clicked the higher it rises in the search engines. Now that the "Column" (really a blog) thread is the most viewed thread on the page I've no doubt the OP did the blogger a huge favor by linking her and being obtuse about what was being linked.

When linking to a blog, please make clear it's a blog rather than an article, and include some pertinent information about the blogger (eg, Tennessee fan). Even if you enjoy getting riled up, do you really want to help put your source of ire "on the map?"

JS

Reaction Score
When linking to a blog, please make clear it's a blog rather than an article, and include some pertinent information about the blogger (eg, Tennessee fan).
Never too late.

Reaction Score
My other thought on this: Someone doesn't like Geno. Alert the media!!

People should view blogs the same way they view other boards: Don't bring that junk over here.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My other thought on this: Someone doesn't like Geno. Alert the media!!

People should view blogs the same way they view other boards: Don't bring that junk over here.
Don't disagree - but it's easy to know if you have something from another site since it's pretty clear it's another message board (and the tennessee board is pay per view anyway). It's a bit harder (isn't it?) to determine if it's a hack blogger or someone with a little more "street cred"... Honestly I'm not sure I could tell the difference.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I invite anyone and everyone to check out my new blog for just that reason digger the more hits the more traffic and the higher up the search lists you move. So anyone who wants to check it out feel free to click on my signature.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I invite anyone and everyone to check out my new blog for just that reason digger the more hits the more traffic and the higher up the search lists you move. So anyone who wants to check it out feel free to click on my signature.

I clicked through, but I had to log in to do so. Most of the time I'm not logged in and right now I can not see the signature line/link under those conditions, even though I'm quite sure I've seen your signature line and others in the past without being logged in. Just thought I should mention that.

I enjoyed getting some insight into you and your faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom