A Really Good Sunday | The Boneyard

A Really Good Sunday

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Went for a morning hike in the nearby forests of beautiful southeastern Connecticut with my wife and dogs. Came home for lunch and then enjoyed consecutive victories by our UConn women, Boston Celtics, UConn men, and NE Pats. Life is incredibly good for us life-long Connecticut/New England sports fans.

A GREAT day. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Went for a morning hike in the nearby forests of beautiful southeastern Connecticut with my wife and dogs. Came home for lunch and then enjoyed consecutive victories by our UConn women, Boston Celtics, UConn men, and NE Pats. Life is incredibly good for us life-long Connecticut/New England sports fans.

Heaven!

Reaction Score

Terrific: enjoy while it's here. As our of us fatalistic New Englanders know, the "weather" (our teams) can and will change at any moment!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

27751394.jpg

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Yes and Brittany Force won the NHRA Top Fuel Championship.
Brittany Force becomes second woman to win NHRA Top Fuel championship
Not for nothing: First woman to do so since Shirley Muldowney (a lifetime ago).

Also worth noting is that NHRA is one of the few (only?) sports where men and women compete as equals and the women can, and do, win a fair share. Others of note include Angelle Sampey, Ashley Hood, Karen Stauffer, Erica Enders, Courtney Force, and Leah Pritchett.

Reaction Score
1977, 1980, and 1982 to be exact.
Shirley Muldowney
She still comes to a race or three during the season.
Full disclosure: I was a big fan back then. Not so much in recent years (she became 'kinda cranky - Don't we all).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom