A Reality Check: Miami's Golden on ESPN . . . | The Boneyard

A Reality Check: Miami's Golden on ESPN . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
saying how exciting things are for the ACC with Clemson and FSU winning and the additions of UL, 'cuse, and Pitt. The reality of UConn's situation hit me pretty hard and it didn't feel good.

Reaction Score
No need to worry the situation is being monitored... we are all safe and sound. In the meteorite crater called the big something or another.

Reaction Score
As I watched the Sugar Bowl (and having attended UConn's Fiesta Bowl) I wondered just how big, vociferous and towel waving our Husky Nation turnout would have been on a Wednesday night in New Orleans. Sadly, while watching the many thousands of red clad, enthusiastic Cardinal fans, I had a distinct (and melancholy) sense of why the ACC chose Louisville. I'm afraid my "look in the mirror" reality check tells me we've got a lot more work to do. As I used to tell my kids, whatever you do, don't deceive yourself.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
As I watched the Sugar Bowl (and having attended UConn's Fiesta Bowl) I wondered just how big, vociferous and towel waving our Husky Nation turnout would have been on a Wednesday night in New Orleans. Sadly, while watching the many thousands of red clad, enthusiastic Cardinal fans, I had a distinct (and melancholy) sense of why the ACC chose Louisville. I'm afraid my "look in the mirror" reality check tells me we've got a lot more work to do. As I used to tell my kids, whatever you do, don't deceive yourself.

I attended both games. It's not even close. And the Sugar Bowl supposedly had the lowest ever attendance ever for a bcs game. On top of that, Louisville fans outnumbered Florida fans dramatically in the French Quarter from New Year's Eve on. Louisville represented itself very well all the way around this week.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lville? not that far off from uconn. they upgraded to bcs not far after us, they were however a d1 fball player for much longer than us so there is a bit of a historical edge for them fanbase development wise. but not a bad comparison.
-large public school but not landgrant like uconn
-academics dont hold back sports so no apr or qualifying issues for any sport or commitment to recruits
-expanded fball field
-figured out how to build a nice bball area in the city
-got a young coach and paid him to stay
-gets all fans to wear red and buy in thru many various media outlets

i cna go on for a while

things are great here at uconn and our leaders right now clearly are doing a great job....

do all of those things for uconn, cough a ad with a vision would. then play in a bcs bowl in phili or dc and see how many uconn fnas then show up. i bet we would do ok...

Reaction Score
Good for L-ville on the attendance. New Orleans is possible to drive to from Conn as was the Orange Bowl in our BCS year but we've been over that. That alone would have helped our attendance and having a star like Bridgewater. Straightline distance to New Orleans from Louisville is 633 miles. Straightline distance Hartford to Phoenix is 2,233 miles. Big advantage for Louisville.

Reaction Score

As long as all the Bowls are centered in the South we will be at a disadvantage where they can drive to the games.

To New Orleans: Louisville 700 miles > Storrs 1450 miles.

To Tempe: Norman Ok 975 miles > Storrs 2550 miles.

The ticket distribution and lack of league support wasn't much help either. Let's stop beating ourselves up over this. We need to make changes and establish a standard of winning on the field. Face it our fans demand it and won't settle for mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom