OT: - A real role model for young women | The Boneyard

OT: A real role model for young women

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Bessica Faith Raiche born 1875 was a businesswoman, dentist, physician, and an aviator. She was the first American woman to fly solo without any instruction! This is great! "Raiche was a proto-feminist, she drove an automobile and wore bloomers." :D "On 13 October 1910, Bessica Raiche was awarded a diamond-studded gold medal inscribed "First Woman Aviator in America" by Hudson Maxim of the Aeronautical Society of America at a dinner the society held in her honor. " Bessie Raiche - Wikipedia No one was going to stop this lady!!! I learned of her watching Antiques Roadshow. Her great grandson brought some personal items. He said she designed and built her own airplanes.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Bessica Faith Raiche born 1875 was a businesswoman, dentist, physician, and an aviator. She was the first American woman to fly solo without any instruction! This is great! "Raiche was a proto-feminist, she drove an automobile and wore bloomers." :D "On 13 October 1910, Bessica Raiche was awarded a diamond-studded gold medal inscribed "First Woman Aviator in America" by Hudson Maxim of the Aeronautical Society of America at a dinner the society held in her honor. " Bessie Raiche - Wikipedia No one was going to stop this lady!!! I learned of her watching Antiques Roadshow. Her great grandson brought some personal items. He said she designed and built her own airplanes.
I read on a "This day in history site" that today is the anniversary of the first solo flight by a woman in the U.S. The woman, of course, is your B F Raiche and the date was September 16, 1910. Timely post from @SVCBeercats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom