A real hockey player in the WCB | The Boneyard

A real hockey player in the WCB

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Andie Anastos = LEADER

Women's basketball: Boston College hockey star Andie Anastos makes successful switch to basketball

"Boston College basketball coach Erik Johnson wasn't sure what he was going to get when former Eagles hockey star Andie Anastos emailed him asking to join the basketball team this year."

"I thought I was getting Rudy," Johnson said, referring to the famous Notre Dame football walk-on. "I thought she'd practice hard, throw her body around. If she ever got on the court, it would be an inspirational type thing."

"Three months into the season, Anastos is the team's starting point guard, leads the team in assists and is one of the most efficient scorers while playing 33.5 minutes per game."

"Anastos excelled on the hockey team, helping the Eagles get to the Frozen Four her last two years. She also scored overtime goals in the Hockey East semifinals and finals last season. She was such an incredible leader in hockey that even when she was hurt, the coaches decided to dress her and have her on the bench. She was a rare two-time captain of BC's hockey team, and was named captain of the basketball team."

Reaction Score
As far as I can tell Kia Nurse was never a hockey player. Her cousin Sarah is, and her brother Darnell is, but Kia no. I've even seen where she said she doesn't know anything about hockey (and that Darnell doesn't know anything about basketball). I keep reeding BY posts that indicate Kia was a hockey player but I say not. Does anyone know differently? Let's settle this.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As far as I can tell Kia Nurse was never a hockey player. Her cousin Sarah is, and her brother Darnell is, but Kia no. I've even seen where she said she doesn't know anything about hockey (and that Darnell doesn't know anything about basketball). I keep reeding BY posts that indicate Kia was a hockey player but I say not. Does anyone know differently? Let's settle this.
You think she didn’t play, eh? ;)

Reaction Score

I have to agree but I think the general consensus is that she sometimes plays basketball aggressively like a hockey player. Moreso the case when she was driving to the basket like a "bull in a china shop" in years past. That's less the case now although she still savors a scrum for the ball and an opportunity to rip the ball from an opposing player's hands.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I thought I'd read somewhere that Molly Bent had played hockey, but can't find anything to back it up in a cursory net search. Anyone else?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom