OT: - A New & Unique Sports Drink | The Boneyard

OT: A New & Unique Sports Drink

sun

Reaction Score
It's call GoodSport, is 97% made of milk and provides 3X more electrolytes than any other sports drink.
Which Huskies will be endorsing this exciting new product in the future?
Only time will tell!
Learn more about it from this video by IowaDiaryFarmer on Facebook.
Moo power!

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
The company has already sponsored some NCAA athletes
2 initial investors in the product are Ken Griffey Jr. (MLB) and Ronnie Lott (NFL).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
82271F91-79A9-4D81-A1C8-556545DE03C3.jpeg

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
If you wade through all the slick text on the product website, you will discover that the relationship between the sports drink and milk is tenuous. They filter out the lactose. They remove the protein. They take away the fat.

So it's lactose and fat free milk, with no protein, and “natural color” from blueberry and carrot extract.

Probably better for “hydration” than a glass of water, and probably costs a bit more, too. :cool:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hydration:
(biology) The process of providing an adequate amount of water to body tissues.
from Greek hydr-, stem of hydor "water."
seems easy enough, no?

anybody who wants an electrolyte 'punch' can just do what those gatorjuice people did way back when-add a pinch of salt, and a pinch of sugar. voila!

keep it all. im stickin to h20, like our machine is programmed to need.
while there are rare outliers, you will almost never see anyone on the asphalt courts, after games on a blazing hot day, crush a milk or milk based drink to quench their thirst. barf comes to mind for that.
i have a relation who said that he used to enjoy a cold yoo-hoo (a thin milkish chocolate flavored drink) sometimes for that. pass.
it's ok when watching the ball game, but not after playing one. also barf.

i well recall that time ten years or so back, when i opened the fridge in my nephews home and saw a very fancy and expensive looking metal container on the shelf, with his name on it. kid was around 10, recently arrived from foreign lands, and now attending fairdale schools.
'what the heck is that?'
'my hydration bottle.'

'
your what?'

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll just stick with post-workout chocolate banana and peanut butter milkshakes.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Almond Milk in this household.
I'm not the biggest conservationist, but 1.1 gallons of water to grow 1 almond, in water strapped California, was too much for me. I went to Lactaid.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Gatorade used to make a sports recovery drink that contained milk. Imagine a thicker version of gatorade mixed with milk. :confused: It was a must have following yardwork in the summer heat. Sadly it has been discontinued.

..and repeat just before each workout;);)

I dunno what would happen, but I can't imagine anything good would come of that :eek::eek::eek::eek: I'd be terrified to try that.

sun

Reaction Score
There seems to be numerous studies indicating that milk itself can be beneficial to the recovery processes for most all athletes, and especially women athletes.
I recall Evina saying that she was a big fan of chocolate milk.

"The researchers suggested that “milk is an effective drink to support favorable body composition changes in women with resistance training.” Another similar study in women found that including fat-free milk in a recovery routine during a 12-week training program resulted in greater muscle mass, strength gains, fat loss, and even a potential protective effect on bone health, compared to a carb-only sports drink with the same calories."

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
who needs studies to know that milk, cow milk, and not craptomilks, is really good for you?
7822312331480022.jpg

apparently, not news for them.
and, to heal and grow, beef is a superfood, whatever that means.
as to 'hydration' or 'rehydration,' which sportsdrinks purport to somehow do better than water, also malarkey.
it's called hydration in high falootin language, but it's all just 're-watering' to me. it's in the freakin word.

i like that scene from the simpsons where a waitress asks
homer 'and to drink?'
he answers, 'meatballs!'
that guy is always getting pounded and broken, yet he always bounces back. works for me.
im truly sorry that modern times just can't leave well enough alone, and constantly looks for things to add to the best stuff on earth when we're just plain old thirsty after exertion.
ya can't 're-invent' the wheel, cuz it's already been 'invented.'

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
There seems to be numerous studies indicating that milk itself can be beneficial to the recovery processes for most all athletes, and especially women athletes.
I recall Evina saying that she was a big fan of chocolate milk.

First, thank you for the original post. It's probably a good sports drink, and I like what they are doing with their NIL “partners”.
That said, let us not confuse the milk by-product derived sports drink with milk.

They are not at all the same or even similar. As noted earlier, the, the GoodSport liquid, unlike milk, has no lactose. Unlike milk, a major source of protein for babies, young children, and calves, it has no protein (other than tiny trace amounts that got by the filtration process). Milk has fat in it. This product does not.

If you read the maker's website carefully, you may find a strong hint that the liquid they use is a by-product of the manufacturing of of milk protein powder. They add “natural” color and bottle and sell it. That's smart use of low cost raw materials, but that doesn't make it milk.

What's in the bottle? (1) Electrolytes derived from cow juice, (2) sweeteners derived from cow juice, (3) blueberry and carrot extract colors, and finally,in a nod to our well-hydrated colleague
@ClifSpliffy, lots of water.

I grew up drinking milk, and liked it. I fed milk to my kids. Many of my neighbors in this very rustic slice of coastal Maine are dairy farmers—see the attached sign for a local farm—and they are good folks helping cows make milk. I not only have nothing against milk, I like it. The sports drink ain't milk.

71B772A9-C96C-4808-BA06-A8F61B522A10.jpeg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
First, thank you for the original post. It's probably a good sports drink, and I like what they are doing with their NIL “partners”.
That said, let us not confuse the milk by-product derived sports drink with milk.

They are not at all the same or even similar. As noted earlier, the, the GoodSport liquid, unlike milk, has no lactose. Unlike milk, a major source of protein for babies, young children, and calves, it has no protein (other than tiny trace amounts that got by the filtration process). Milk has fat in it. This product does not.

If you read the maker's website carefully, you may find a strong hint that the liquid they use is a by-product of the manufacturing of of milk protein powder. They add “natural” color and bottle and sell it. That's smart use of low cost raw materials, but that doesn't make it milk.

What's in the bottle? (1) Electrolytes derived from cow juice, (2) sweeteners derived from cow juice, (3) blueberry and carrot extract colors, and finally,in a nod to our well-hydrated colleague
@ClifSpliffy, lots of water.

I grew up drinking milk, and liked it. I fed milk to my kids. Many of my neighbors in this very rustic slice of coastal Maine are dairy farmers—see the attached sign for a local farm—and they are good folks helping cows make milk. I not only have nothing against milk, I like it. The sports drink ain't milk.

View attachment 79261
'in a nod to our well-hydrated colleague cow-league,'
since it appears that we may be on the same team for this one,
ftfy. lol.

awesome sign, too.

sun

Reaction Score

They are not at all the same or even similar. ................................................ The sports drink ain't milk.
Yes, IMO they are similar to a degree.
And the studies mentioned lowfat or no fat milk.
How can a product that's 97% made from milk not have anything in common with lowfat or skim milk?
One of those articles mentioned that milk may help prevent stress fractures.
Apparently an athlete's body involved in heavy exercise recovers better if drinking "some milk" than if only drinking a sports drink.
Some of reasons are mentioned.
No one is asking anyone to drink milk, but perhaps if an athlete wants more recovery benefits rather than less recovery benefits, then drinking the proper type of moo milk is better than water or sports drinks.
I don't tell super athletes what to do, that's Geno's job, and the jobs of those UConn women who receive NIL money to endorse products.
And who wants to carry around an ice cooler with cold milk in it?
I don't really know what any famous athletes truly believe is best for themselves to drink, if they themselves actually drink what they promote for other people to drink, like when they're being paid NIL money.
But I'm open minded enough to believe that milk may have some unique benefits and maybe even has some famous followers.
Which athletes would want to divulge their secrets besides Evina?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom