A New UCONN team with an IDENTITY!!! | The Boneyard

A New UCONN team with an IDENTITY!!!

Reaction Score
As i reflect upon the wonderful game I just watched I see the team clicking on all cylinders. Some new names being praised: B. Adams, Bouknight, Akok as well as the rest of the crew. Things that really caught my eye were Bouknights knack for being at the right place at the right time, the alley oops, the offensive rebound-putbacks. Whats everyone else thoughts? Lovely game and something to build upon:)

Reaction Score
Thoughts: we were ahead and kept it that way (unusual for us); we played hard; we were out in front of our break; Bouk makes a difference; I like Carlton more and more. I am containing my enthisiasm greatly right now.

Let's GO HUSKIESSSS!!!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
A team of fighters.
I worried when the lead shrank but everyone found a way to dominate the last 3 minutes.
Must be a tough night for Al, but we were better without him this game.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We have a lot to look forward to in the coming years.

This season is going to be sloppy. I fully expect to win against some great teams, and lose against some scrubs - but the performance tonight showed me how on-the-right-track we are, and how much we have the potential to make a real, bonafide run in the coming years.

Giddy.

Reaction Score
Hurley's teams may look like the modern NBA when his guys get in the fold. Playmakers at the 1-4 with a rim-running big (like Javonte Brown Ferguson). Adams, basically a 2/3 combo running the point for us was extremely effective (unlike Rique) because he just got the ball up the floor, hit a wing, and got into our sets. Nothing fancy, no taking the air out of the ball. Just fast-paced pass and move basketball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
10 deep and each player seemed to know their role. Nice.

Reaction Score
Awesome game! Could have folded when Buffalo got it down to 3, instead, BAM! Dagger 3 that basically broke their backs and Buffalo got it down to 4 once more but never got closer after that if I recall properly.

For me, that was a B+ effort and execution. My only complaint is HIT those dang free throws! I think there was a stretch over the course of 5 minutes or less where they missed three and-1s, missed the second free-throw after making the first, missed the front end twice in a row and then missed one more. Huskies won it but made it a little harder on themselves. Hope they come into Xavier tomorrow with the same mental toughness as they did vs Florida and buffalo but with an extra focus on nailing those freebies with that realization that knocking them down makes life easier. Credit to Buffalo, they are a tough team, won't be shocked to see them make an upset in March.

Otherwise, lots of heart out there. Due to a power outage, I could only view from 38-37 but from that point on, just a lot of fun to watch.

Reaction Score
The past couple years when a team like Buffalo made that run, we probably fall apart. This team is learning how to win.
Well said, they took a punch tonight and learned how to get up and giveth the TKO to Buffalo!!! XAVIER NEXT! Predictions??? Haven't seen Xavier play yet, anyone here seen them have some insights??

Reaction Score
We’re improving!! This season is so young and so are we especially in games played. As the season goes on we will gel and our young nucleus will grow with experience. Let’s go huskies!!!!
PS....shout out to the uconn fanbase that showed up!!!

Reaction Score
As i reflect upon the wonderful game I just watched I see the team clicking on all cylinders. Some new names being praised: B. Adams, Bouknight, Akok as well as the rest of the crew. Things that really caught my eye were Bouknights knack for being at the right place at the right time, the alley oops, the offensive rebound-putbacks. Whats everyone else thoughts? Lovely game and something to build upon:)
This team is not "clicking on all cylinders". I like your enthusiasm but lets relax a bit. Its an encouraging game because 1. The young players showed a glimpse of the reputations they came here with and 2. Guys really stepped up tonight when someone didnt get the job done another guy picked up the slack. They really backed each other up.
I think the big takeaway is that last year we likely lose this game. Cant wait for tomorrows game against a ranked and good Xavier team. Its a great gauge of where this team is so early in the season.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Well said, they took a punch tonight and learned how to get up and giveth the TKO to Buffalo!!! XAVIER NEXT! Predictions??? Haven't seen Xavier play yet, anyone here seen them have some insights??

Talented, tough, and mature. We're gonna have to force them into mistakes (& capitalize on them) and close out on 3s. Can't afford any mental breakdowns against their experience, but our depth and switching lineups could get them in a frenzy and hopefully force them to play our game.

Reaction Score
CV is gonna be great at his natural position: 4th or 5th option on offense

Reaction Score
Maybe but he is the only I guy I trust when the other team starts fouling.
He certainly is not the most talented guy never has been but he just might be the glue guy this team needs.
It would be nice to get to the point where he can spot up more. Putting the ball into his hands and to create offense leads to some spectacular plays and a lot at the opposit end of the spectrum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom