A New Team…A new Opportunity | The Boneyard

A New Team…A new Opportunity

Reaction Score
So, here we are. We just lost the best player in Women’s College Basketball. An amazing talent and a pleasure to watch. So, what happens to a team that loses a superstar? They are still an extremely talented team. The coach still has options in the front court and the back court.

I’m looking forward to see how they come together…..who will step up….who will lead. No individual can replace Paige but a high-functioning team with this talent can still be a contender to go deep into the Tourney. Maybe, Paige returns for a late run. Maybe her season is over. I don’t know. Either way, I root for their success instead of just wondering how much they will win by. In a way, I’m more interested in watching and hyped for rooting for them now than I was before. I wish them much success. I hope it turns out well. And I hope our coach has learned something.

Reaction Score
Not only is Paige the best player in women’s college basketball, she is also must watch TV. While we all hope UConn will be successful in her absence, she is basketball’s “it girl.” She alone has the ability to draw in the casual viewer.

With the exception of Caitlin Clark, who is the closest rival to Paige? I’m curious who else people find exciting to watch. For example, I like Nia Clouden from Michigan State & Zia Cooke from SC. Both have a flair their game.

Reaction Score
UConn really needs Azzi and AG back ASAP!! If she's 100% I expect to see Azzi really come into her own upon her return and AG really is a spark plug and difference maker on the defensive end and on the fast break.........they must be chomping at the bit to get back on the court!!

Reaction Score
Not only is Paige the best player in women’s college basketball, she is also must watch TV. While we all hope UConn will be successful in her absence, she is basketball’s “it girl.” She alone has the ability to draw in the casual viewer.

With the exception of Caitlin Clark, who is the closest rival to Paige? I’m curious who else people find exciting to watch. For example, I like Nia Clouden from Michigan State & Zia Cooke from SC. Both have a flair their game.
I wouldn't even remotely compare her to Paige and Caitlin for 'flair,' but I believe the most overlooked player in the country by us BYers is NaLyssa Smith. Any debate about the country's best player might begin with Bueckers and Boston, and some might throw Clark in there, but Smith is not far behind, if behind at all.

Again, I am not nominating NaLyssa as the 'it' girl (not a term I like much), but for ability as a basketball player, she's right there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom