A moment between Geno and Nika | The Boneyard

A moment between Geno and Nika

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Also, one of the little things I noticed yesterday is the 3 NCAA officials called the respective team captains over for some pre-game discussion and it was Nika who went by herself while Baylor had Asberry and Andrews. Not shocked but I was impressed. Kudos to Nika and the mad respect she has earned from all of us and her team! I am reminded of quite a few BYers who questioned why she chose UConn "only to sit on the bench for 4 years"....NIKA RULES!!!!

Reaction Score
Since Nika is his slime - shouldn't he be sporting a Loyalty neck tat!
This is true, I forgot about her loyalty tattoo. Maybe for Geno when he retires.

I played competitive soccer for decades. I would have paid good money to have a teammate like Nika on my team, just for the intangibles she brings.

I co-managed/coached a women’s adult traveling team with a similar player who I’ll call Milly. She was short, compact, and afraid of nothing. She was a children’s ER dr by day. She had a bit of fiery temper on the field, and we had to break up a few fights between her and the opposing team. She played 6 months into her pregnancies, insisting the babies were very protected. When she moved to indoor soccer keeper, we drew the line and made her quit until the babies were born.

Both of us were substantially older than most of the players (college-aged). We took pride in holding our own against players half our age. Milly provided the challenge and the fire, and I provided the encouragement. We were a good team, and I miss having that opportunity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lived in Belgium those years. Après le succès de "Magic Chris" est venu l'affair de Tapie...

Reaction Score
I love watching this young lady play. Am glad that she’s on our side. She will be happy this summer when as she shows the Country of Croatia her teammates. Lead the way and the team Nika….

Attachments

• E9468E8C-691A-4607-AC0D-49570D0A2864.jpeg
    E9468E8C-691A-4607-AC0D-49570D0A2864.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 83

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member