A measure of Paige's superstardom... | The Boneyard

A measure of Paige's superstardom...

Reaction Score
Earlier today, espn.com had her picture splashed across its home page as BREAKING NEWS. It's currently at #2 in sports stories.

Yahoo Sports has "UConn won't have superstar for 6 to 8 weeks" as the top story on its home page.

Bleacher Report has the story under Top News.

Wow.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah... I caught the top of the hour update on ESPN Radio, and they mentioned timetable for the injury. I also was listening to Fox Sports Radio Sunday night.... and they rarely if ever talk about WCBB or the WNBA, but they talked about the injury and how it happened. They were roasting your coach though. :oops:

Reaction Score
Yeah... I caught the top of the hour update on ESPN Radio, and they mentioned timetable for the injury. I also was listening to Fox Sports Radio Sunday night.... and they rarely if ever talk about WCBB or the WNBA, but they talked about the injury and how it happened. They were roasting your coach though. :oops:
They do a lot of roasting. It's what their listeners want to hear.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I saw Around the Horn which has 4 reporters / Commentators and while all were unhappy Paige was on the court, they focused more that Geno said he does like his team if Paige is not on the court.

sun

Reaction Score
Geno wasn't happy even with Paige on the court.
An ESPN quote:
After the Huskies' 74-49 victory over Seton Hall on Friday, he said, "We haven't been good on offense the entire season. Maybe it will come. But right now, not good at all."

Reaction Score
Everyone is roasting Geno.
I don't normally dump on Geno. He certainly deserves respect for the fantastic job he has done and all those NCs and . However, I did say to Mrs. Skeets around the 4 minute mark "why the heck does Geno still have Paige in the game".

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I had a Teams meeting yesterday, and took it at home away from the bustle at work. My counterpart, who's in Michigan, noticed a UConn logo in the background. I told him it was an autograph card from the WBB team from a few years ago, and he started talking about Paige.

Neither of us mentioned Geno.

Reaction Score
I had a Teams meeting yesterday, and took it at home away from the bustle at work. My counterpart, who's in Michigan, noticed a UConn logo in the background. I told him it was an autograph card from the WBB team from a few years ago, and he started talking about Paige.

Neither of us mentioned Geno.
And that is why Paige will be making more money than Geno very soon.

Reaction Score
I don't normally dump on Geno. He certainly deserves respect for the fantastic job he has done and all those NCs and . However, I did say to Mrs. Skeets around the 4 minute mark "why the heck does Geno still have Paige in the game".
I was saying that all last year as well. But it probably is true that the injury didn't occur at that point in the game, so maybe it would have manifested itself in the post-game line or in practice or at the start of the very next game. You just don't know with that type of non-contact injury. It's not like she got hurt diving for a loose ball with 45 seconds left up 18 or whatever the lead was at that point.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They do a lot of roasting. It's what their listeners want to hear.

99.9999 % of the listeners were listening for either Sunday NFL talk or the College Football Playoffs..... I may have been the only person across the nation listening to that Show who cares about WCBB :oops:

Reaction Score
I was saying that all last year as well. But it probably is true that the injury didn't occur at that point in the game, so maybe it would have manifested itself in the post-game line or in practice or at the start of the very next game. You just don't know with that type of non-contact injury. It's not like she got hurt diving for a loose ball with 45 seconds left up 18 or whatever the lead was at that point.
All correct. I wasn't meaning to imply that the injury was because Geno left her in the game. What I was trying to say (poorly) was that Geno should have had Paige out of the game at that point. He should have had maybe a couple of other players out of the game too. In the old days he would have put subs into a game that was already won.

In my opinion the injury could have been due to a prior event, or exhaustion, or the ankle thing, or some combination of all 3.

Reaction Score
Paige was also mentioned in Monday’s PTI. During the last segment, Tony asked if the injury was a big deal or little deal? Michael’s response was big deal since she is essential to the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom