A Matter of When and not IF | The Boneyard

A Matter of When and not IF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we put this thing to bed. I know it's been only 2 games but Coach O has been remarkable in the way he is handling all the coaching duties. Is there anyone left that is not a believer?

Reaction Score
I'm hoping the negotiations have started already-get it done. The sooner the better

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Having flexed his muscles with the 7 month contract, Manual can't pull the trigger too quickly in giving Kevin an extended contract. The big question about Kevin was game manangement. In the first two games, he has shown that he can prepare a team and make adjustments. Barring a complete meltdown, we found our new head coach. Look for it happen at the end of the season, so that we can offset our lack of post-season play with a feel good PR event. Kevin will know much sooner.

Reaction Score
I believe KO is our coach. The AD may have made a prudent decision to not sign him to a multi year contract wo any HC 'real game' experience, but he really has the 'whole package' IMO. We could struggle in the BE, but not sure that will have anything to do with coaching, but more about size and depth. Give him 2 years to recruit and we are back on the national map competing for BE and National championships!

Reaction Score
KO might get a windfall because of WM's decision. He would probably have settled for a low-ball contract a few weeks back. Soon he will be in a position to ask for some decent $$. Let's say KO was willing to settle for $600,000 and now we have to give him $1M. That means the school will have to eat around $1.2M over 4 years because of WM's incompetence.

Reaction Score
Can we just make signatures with a pic of Ollie and a stamp of approval? That way we will know which posters think he should be signed to a long-term contract without having to discuss this after every game?

Reaction Score
I believe KO is our coach. The AD may have made a prudent decision to not sign him to a multi year contract wo any HC 'real game' experience, but he really has the 'whole package' IMO. We could struggle in the BE, but not sure that will have anything to do with coaching, but more about size and depth. Give him 2 years to recruit and we are back on the national map competing for BE and National championships!

2 years to recruit?

He hasn't landed a single player yet as head coach, and if Austin goes to PC, one of those years is wasted. This means 2012-2013 will be his first season to recruit--if he gets a contract. The players will show up as frosh in 2013-2014, and we really won't find out how good they are (unless they are better than the likes of Kemba Walker as frosh) until 2015 when they're sophs.

In other words, the proof of the pudding for Kevin Ollie's recruiting prowess is a long, long, long way off.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd be looking at early January after a few BE games and before signing day. You may or may not hear rumblings beforehand.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
KO might get a windfall because of WM's decision. He would probably have settled for a low-ball contract a few weeks back. Soon he will be in a position to ask for some decent $$. Let's say KO was willing to settle for $600,000 and now we have to give him $1M. That means the school will have to eat around $1.2M over 4 years because of WM's incompetence.
Why is it incompetence? Some of you make it sound like the AD should have jumped at the chance to offer a 3 year contract to a guy with zero head coaching experience, 2 years experience as an assistant, and no proven track record on the national MCBB scene.

I totally agree that by around the Christmas break, if things continue, there will be huge pressure on Warde to make the offer and make it permanent, but to say that Warde was incompetent is unfair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom